Things to not RE post

This is a discussion on Things to not RE post within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We have all seen the guy who scared the crap out his wife with a pistol and fireworks. Yes, the snake is big and yes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things to not RE post

Things to not RE post

1. We have all seen the guy who scared the crap out his wife with a pistol and fireworks.
    2. Yes, the snake is big and yes it jumps at the end.
    3. I agree the guy pulling the mobile home needs to check the height when pulling up to the ATM.

I'm sure I have left some out, but as a 4 or 5 month member to this forum I can only imagine the frustration some of the forum old timers are feeling, not to mention the mods who have to keep closing all of these.

Carry on, [/soapbox]
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

My $0.02.

So, something has been posted by someone and discussed by a few folks previously. Doesn't mean everyone's seen it or discussed it. Doesn't mean it must be closed ... or even moderated. This is a forum. It's where people get together to engage, discuss, entertain. So long as it's within the scope of DC.com's basic rules and direction, where's the infraction?

In the end, it's hardly worth getting bent or ruffled.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    My $0.02.

So, something has been posted by someone and discussed by a few folks previously. Doesn't mean everyone's seen it or discussed it. Doesn't mean it must be closed ... or even moderated. This is a forum. It's where people get together to engage, discuss, entertain. So long as it's within the scope of DC.com's basic rules and direction, where's the infraction?

In the end, it's hardly worth getting bent or ruffled.
    I agree. Sometimes it is hard to find something by doing a search. People will put a title on the thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread itself. I have myself seen something before and when it gets reposted, can't find it to inform the OP of the repost. In the end though, it is no big deal. Someone will catch it and do what they need to do with the new thread.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Ah, I'm just having a bad day and the latest post of the gun and firecracker video just hit me wrong.

Sorry guys, I'll use a wall next time
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ...Doesn't mean everyone's seen it or discussed it.
    +1

As mentioned searched usually don't return meaningful results, and starting a thread of something that was discussed months ago gives new people a chance to see it and chime in.

It's ok to rant though. I've seen the firecracker/wife one enough also. But I also laugh each time I see it!
    Last edited by JonInNY; August 6th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Hey Paco, no harm no foul. I agree with you that before posting we might want to use the search feature. However sometimes under a different title or subject it won't show.
    Newer members need to be encouraged to post and if a repost just overlook it. As for a rant we all need to sometimes.
    Last edited by Gunnutty; August 6th, 2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spacing
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

How about the semi-annual which caliber is the best and why choose a Glock threads. Are they banned also?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I agree. Sometimes it is hard to find something by doing a search. People will put a title on the thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread itself. I have myself seen something before and when it gets reposted, can't find it to inform the OP of the repost. In the end though, it is no big deal. Someone will catch it and do what they need to do with the new thread.
    And those are the threads that should be edited by a moderator or deleted since they do diddly squat for search purposes. Since search doesnt work for everyone, maybe helping keep the titles cleaned up and search friendly would be a good thing?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I fully agree. It different if it something that hasn't been posted for a couple days but come on guys read the threads that are posted as often as you come on dont just post anything you think is funny with out checking at least the same page. Its irritating, you click a thread beacause it sounds interested and to find out all they did was change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    How about the semi-annual which caliber is the best and why choose a Glock threads. Are they banned also?
    Now that you ask...
    Never mind, I'll do a search.

Stay armed...use a .45 Glock...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    How many times was the "big snake" posted?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Is it ok if we repost the "Things Not To Repost" thread in a few weeks?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Over time if folks reposted nothing, then discussion would be a one-shot deal. Think about it.

Over time if so much moderation to "clean up" after minor reposts were implemented, the environment would become a claustrophobic sink (as many such over-moderated forums have). In other words, a good wine needs to breathe a bit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Another thread.... about other threads..... gets old too.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Is it ok if we repost the "Things Not To Repost" thread in a few weeks?
    Now that really gets me steamed! I really hate it when people repost what not to repost. And I'm not repeating myself, I'm not repeating myself.

Note: This entire topic falls under the regulatory authority of the Department of Redundancy Department.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links