It was like I died and went to Blackhawk Heaven

This is a discussion on It was like I died and went to Blackhawk Heaven within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We went to a place here in Arlington TN today (Where we live, in Shelby County) that I have ridden my bicycle past at least ...

Thread: It was like I died and went to Blackhawk Heaven

We went to a place here in Arlington TN today (Where we live, in Shelby County) that I have ridden my bicycle past at least 100 times. On the outside of the building it says "MARRS Retail Outlet"

I had no idea what it was. But my wife had spoken to one of the neighbors and it turns out it is one of these places that takes the inventory of stores that have fires, damaged by floods or weather or go out of business. After the insurance companies pay off for the inventories, these guys buy the entire inventories of the store blind. They don't know what they will get but they re-sell it cheap.

We get there and the store has everything. And I mean everything. Lamps, furniture, grand pianos, lawn and garden equipment, guitars both electric and acoustic, electronics of all kinds, toys, video games, appliances, commercial grade and consumer grade, clothes of all types, golf clubs (Ping and Ultimax XD440 in the box, whole set of clubs, covers and a bag for $60.00).

So as I walk around this place and look at everything I turn a corner to start down a new isle and stop dead in my tracks. The whole isle, maybe 20 feet long is nothing but Blackhawk gear. Pants, shirts, tactical vests, bags, packs, hydration packs, knee pads, Warrior boots. You name it, they have it. And all of it cheap!

Warrior Boots, both black and desert for $60.00 Tactical vests for $40.00. Huge packs, with the frame for $120.00. I was just amazed.

And here I was....too broke to buy anything.....

But, payday is next Friday....

One other small thing, I was carrying my Glock 23, openly as I often do in Summer, and he asked me if I was LEO. When I told him no, just a guy with a family who takes protecting them very, very seriously, he told me he respects that and we got to talking about guns. Turns out he moved this business from Memphis to Arlington 3 years ago after being robbed at gun point and then shot at the old location. He told me that I am welcome to carry in his store anytime and he gave me, the wife and the 3 of our 5 kids who were with us at the time all bottles of ice cold water for free. (the kids were saying they were thirsty)
    All in all, a nice place with great deals and a business owner who appreciates armed citizens shopping with him.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I would think it would only take getting shot once, and I'd be packing heat 24/7 from then on.

Then again, maybe he was? Just concealed.

+1 on a great find Mike... Bet I know where you're going Friday! Pick up a good Go-Bag if you don't already have one. Blackhawk makes great Go-Bags and travel gear! My Go-Bags, soft luggage and Duffles are almost all Blackhawk and Eagle Industries!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice find and nothing like making a new friend thats gun friendly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sounds like you found a great place...tell us more after payday!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

now thats a business worth patronizing !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

You should take orders for your TN brothers who aren't as lucky as you :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Wow...Nice find. Do they have any brother/sister stores in VA?: TN is a bit of a drive for me.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links