Isaac Hayes Dead

Isaac Hayes Dead

This is a discussion on Isaac Hayes Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A representative from the Shelby County Sherrif's office in Memphis is reporting that the music icon has died. Details have not yet been released....

Isaac Hayes Dead

A representative from the Shelby County Sherrif's office in Memphis is reporting that the music icon has died. Details have not yet been released.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar

Link to CBS article: click.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That is too bad. That makes two that I have heard of since Bernie Mac died yesterday. Who will be next?
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Went to one of his concerts with my wife...it was years ago (decades) in MI...the place 'smelled funny', too! I don't know why people would be burning leaves at that time of night.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I don't know why people would be burning leaves at that time of night.
    I think those were weeds burnin'. It's my understanding that a lot of environmentalist-types go to those concerts. Gardeners and such.

EW3
    Someones killing off all of the funny black guys, it's a conspiracy.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac are both in the upcoming movie "Soul Men". Also starring is Samuel L. Jackson. I'd be careful I I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac are both in the upcoming movie "Soul Men". Also starring is Samuel L. Jackson. I'd be careful I I were him.
    Heh... Maybe he's behind the conspiracy...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Bernie Mac I was sad to hear about. He was a very funny guy and from all accounts a pretty good guy.

Isacc Hayes, meh....he was a Scientologist, and I am not real fond of the cult seeing as my sister in law was sucked into it and almost killed by them. And he was a hypocrite, working with the guys who do South Park and being perfectly fine with them making fun of every religion, but when they went after Scientology, he was mad and he quit! Threatened to sue them....the usual crap.

Plus I didn't like his music at all. No great loss as far as I am concerned.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

RIP ISAAC another brilliant talent taken away at the prime of their life he will be sadley missed by all who loved the man and his great music

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Isacc Hayes, meh....he was a Scientologist, and I am not real fond of the cult seeing as my sister in law was sucked into it and almost killed by them. And he was a hypocrite, working with the guys who do South Park and being perfectly fine with them making fun of every religion, but when they went after Scientology, he was mad and he quit! Threatened to sue them....the usual crap.
    Mostly my feelings. I'll hold back on the cult talk since some people consider it a religion and we have rules regarding that here. He was a major hypocrite though. As the makers of South Park said, he had no problems cashing checks when they made fun of Christians.

My Way News - Hayes, 'Shaft' singer and disco presage, dies
    In the 1999 interview, Hayes described the South Park cook as "a person that speaks his mind; he's sensitive enough to care for children; he's wise enough to not be put into the 'wack' category like everybody else in town - and he l-o-o-o-o-ves the ladies."

But Hayes angrily quit the show in 2006 after an episode mocked his Scientology religion.

"There is a place in this world for satire," he said. "but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs of others begins."

Co-creator creators Matt Stone responded that Hayes "has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of checks - with our show making fun of Christians." A subsequent episode of the show seemingly killed off the Chef character.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Went to one of his concerts with my wife...it was years ago (decades) in MI...the place 'smelled funny', too! I don't know why people would be burning leaves at that time of night.
    It was a charity event for The National Glaucoma Research Thanks for your contribution!!!

Alas, poor Chef . . .

Excellent music. And the ability to be funny, when he wasn't on his high horse.
    Religions, cults, who cares? One's about the same as the next and it's all personal, anyway.

I think he was wrong to bail on South Park, one of the truly great programs of our time. (One of its great virtues is that it ridicules everything.) He did have a funny (but short) role in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Still, right on, Isaac. In pace requiescat. Say hi to Xenu . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Links