Tux fitting. CCW friendly

This is a discussion on Tux fitting. CCW friendly within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I had to get a tux fitting for a friends wedding. I was halfway tempted to leave my weapon in the car but decided ...

Thread: Tux fitting. CCW friendly

So I had to get a tux fitting for a friends wedding. I was halfway tempted to leave my weapon in the car but decided not to. Now I haven't been fitted for a tux since I was in high school (many many moons ago) so I couldn't remember what to expect.

So I'm standing in the middle of the store and the guy is measuring me. He goes for my waist and he's above my rig so I'm not worried, but I ask him to give me a little room for what's on my belt. Puzzled he measures again and this time he realizes what he's measuring for. He just smiled and jokingly asked if he needed to check my permit. No hassles no unfounded fears. Not to plug the store for advertising but if you need fitted for anything the Mens Warehouse in the South Hills Village mall (South of Pittsburgh PA) is CCW friendly.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Another satisfied customer...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...mens+wearhouse

I shop TMW and Nordstroms exclusively -- I have never had an issue, not even at the Nordstroms location inside a mall that prohibits weapons...

TMW has the best fitted shirts for lanky guys too. Jos. A Banks is pretty doggoned friendly toward CCW too.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    good to know
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

You know tuxs don't have belts, right?

I had to go to ankle carry for my brother's wedding.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

Its been so long I didn't remember that. I guess I'll have to find an ankle rig. Thanks for the heads up.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Or add some velcro to the cummerbund, with half an Uncle Mike's setup and - voila! - a formal belly band!

JD
    Administrator
    I had a pretty good experience at the S&K Menswear near me, the lady that measured me carries a G26. And now I KNOW that my P7 will conceal well under my suit.

Senior Moderator
    JD has had success at other locations as well. The Men's Warehouse tailor in PA where we used to live was measuring him up and hit his gun and asked him if he could remove his pager or cell phone or whatever it was.

JD just kind of groaned and said, "It's not a pager or cell phone."

The guy looked at him funny for a second than said, "Ahh, not to worry, sir, we have detectives and plain-clothes officers in here all the time. We can work around it."

I guess if you are going to be in the business of tailoring suits you are going to run into SOMEONE carrying a gun.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

I didn't know that. Last time I was in a tux, I just used my normal Beltman belt with a CTAC on it. The beltloops on the pants weren't made for an inch and a half wide belt, but it worked fine after a little convincing.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    Its been so long I didn't remember that. I guess I'll have to find an ankle rig. Thanks for the heads up.
    might wanna go back in there because now the waist will be to big...

I too was just fitted at a Men's Warehouse with my J-frame in a Crossbreed. But no belts...hmm...what am I to do now. My friends wedding is in VA and my MI permit covers me there. Maybe hope the tux has big pockets?? I was planning on tucking.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

there is always the shoulder holster...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    I too was just fitted at a Men's Warehouse with my J-frame in a Crossbreed. But no belts...hmm...what am I to do now. My friends wedding is in VA and my MI permit covers me there. Maybe hope the tux has big pockets?? I was planning on tucking.
    May look into something like this... Very comfortable! I've gone through 2 of them over the years. The velcro retention strap is totally removable if you don't need to use it. (Unless you're bungee jumping, probably don't need it. Pretty snug fit without) You can order it here.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I went to a clothing store in Gainesville...hadn't intended to enter, but spotted something I was interested in...
    When the guy went to measure me he saw the sidearm and asked me if I 'was a cop or something'...I nodded, smiled, and responded, "Or something!"

He smiled back and said, "That's cool!" Nothing more was made of it.

Stay armed...or something...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links