For Dads with Girls

For Dads with Girls

This is a discussion on For Dads with Girls within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Little Bruce and Jenny are only 14 years old, but they just know that they are in love. One day they decide that they want ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Dads with Girls

For Dads with Girls

Little Bruce and Jenny are only 14 years old, but they just know that they are in love.

One day they decide that they want to get married, so Bruce goes to Jenny's father to ask him for her hand. Bruce bravely walks up to him and says, "Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage."

Thinking that this was just the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, "Well Bruce, you are only 14. Where will you two live?"

Without even taking a moment to think about it, Bruce replies, "In Jenny's room. It's bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely."

Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, "Okay, then how will you live? You're not old enough to get a job. You'll need to support Jenny."

Again, Bruce instantly replies, "Our allowance & Jenny makes 5 bucks a week and I make 10 bucks a week. That's about 60 bucks a month and that should do us just fine."

By this time, Mr. Smith is a little shocked that Bruce has put so much thought into this. He thinks for a moment, trying to come up with something that Bruce won't have an answer to. After a second, Mr. Smith says, "Well, Bruce, it seems like you have got everything all figured out. I just have one more question for you. What will you do if the two of you should have little ones of your own?"

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well, we've been lucky so far."

Mr. Smith no longer thinks the little twirp is adorable
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow great surprise ending!

Austin

Nice. I have a daughter, and let me tell you she will not be hanging around with Bruce!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

My wife and I have a little girl who will be 3 in Nov. and we are expecting another little girl in Oct. I am dreading the very idea that they will on day start dating. I'm sure there is a boy like in this story in my future. I just hope it will hapen in their 30s, not at 14.-Jay

The day is coming for me... My daughter is 11 right now...

Mine is 9, last year at disney on line she sees 2 teenage girls in front of her with the shorts rolled over so they are short shorts and my daugther starts to do the same. I look at my wife she looks at me and I take my hand and stab myself in the heart. Will be the dad at kitchen tabel cleaning all the guns when first date shows up.

To Jd and Lima wait you will see.

VIP Member
    Little Bruce would have found it hard to breath with all 230 lbs of me standing on his chest while I slapped him silly.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Little Bruce would have found it hard to breath with all 230 lbs of me standing on his chest while I slapped him silly.
    I am laughing while looking at your avitar with your quote.

I can laugh...we never had girls.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Good one. Stolen and posted somewhere else.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I have 4 girls, ages 12, 14, 16, and 20...

... and I no longer find this type of joke amusing.

Go ahead, laugh it up. You'll see...
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

My daughter is 6 and this scares me already.

Standing rules for dating my daughter.

1. Anything you do to her I will do to you but harder.
    2. If you make my daughter cry I will make you cry.

I've put these on this board before, but this seems like a good thread to repost them on. I've linked to a PDF file so you can print them out if you want and hand them out to your daughter's dates.

Rules For Dating My Daughter

#9 is my favorite.

You younger guys with daughters may have to edit #10 to reflect a different era than us older guys.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Raise 'em right and things will be fine.

Be involved with your daughter's life. She needs both love and discipline.

My daughter is 30 and engaged to a real keeper (he shoots better than I do).

I worried about her as she was growing up, too. But she turned out fine.

Just remember the line from the movie Clueless when Cher's dad told her date, "if anything happens to my daughter, I have a shovel and a 45. I doubt you would be missed".
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    My wife and I have a little girl who will be 3 in Nov. and we are expecting another little girl in Oct. I am dreading the very idea that they will on day start dating. I'm sure there is a boy like in this story in my future. I just hope it will hapen in their 30s, not at 14.-Jay

I'm already there.... It's difficult for me...boy is it difficult..But that's life...(17,19,21,23 all girls)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links