1,000,000mile truck

This is a discussion on 1,000,000mile truck within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wis. man goes online to sell million-mile Chevy Wed Aug 13, 8:14 PM ET The owner of a 1991 Chevrolet Silverado that's traveled more than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1,000,000mile truck

1,000,000mile truck

Wis. man goes online to sell million-mile Chevy Wed Aug 13, 8:14 PM ET

The owner of a 1991 Chevrolet Silverado that's traveled more than a million miles is parting with what he calls his "old girl."

Frank Oresnik says his pickup will go on sale Thursday night on eBay. The minimum bid is $30,000.

The 58-year-old northern Wisconsin man attracted attention in February when he reached the million-mile mark while doing a live interview on public radio.

He says that the truck has had four radiators, three gas tanks and five transmissions but that the engine is original.

He racked up much of the mileage delivering seafood from a Chicago supplier to Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan.

Oresnik says he hopes the buyer will display the truck.
    I seriously doubt anybodys gonna spend $30,000 on his junker so he can go buy a new truck.But there was that one guy said there is a sucker born every minute
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

yep....one born every minute.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

All he has to do is get a Chevy dealer to get the paperwork...and make it a "Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle...seems to work on TV.

Somehow it's worth more then?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I think a dealer or Chevy themselves would want the truck for a sales display unless its just beat in appearance too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I remember a story a while back with a guy who had a Mercedes that hit 1,000,000 miles. The guy was a college professor who lived quite a distance from the school he worked at. He contacted Mercedes and they wanted him to drive it to California. He drove it there and they traded him straight up for a new top of the line MB.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think a dealer or Chevy themselves would want the truck for a sales display unless its just beat in appearance too.
    I'd say after 17 Wisconsin winters it probably looks rough.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Yeah, most likely.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    When I moved from the west coast to live in Minnesota and Wisconsin for a few years, it was a culture shock to me to rarely see a car over 10 years old, and the few that I would see looked like they had been sunk in the ocean for a long while.

After I learned about the salting the roads, and saw the results of the first winter on my pickup, did I really understand why you didn't see a lot of older vehicles.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    I'm one of the few around here that thinks we shouldnt salt the roads, and I can make a case against plowing too. IMO, its a grand waste of money, but it makes people feel good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Carl Judice made a few bucks with his K&N filter commercial so this guys not the first to put a million miles on a pickup truck. You have to love GM trucks though they just keep on running with proper maintenance. Mine has just over 100,000 and the oil is still gold on the stick and the engine bay looks like new!

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Routine preventative maintenance and OIL will get more miles out of most engines then the average person will expect.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

On Ebay now

It's now on eBay for $29,999.99. Ez
    Eternity...it's Hell without Jesus

USN 1969-1973
    USS Jonas Ingram DD938

29,999.99 won't buy it your gonna have to come up with the full 30,000
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    I recently traded in a 1997 Ford Ranger, original transmission and motor....325,000. The fuel pump went and I believe a little bit of junk got into an injector. Started to run a little rough and burn more gas. Got $1300 in trade....I asked for $2000, the nerve they had to chew me down!
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    I recently traded in a 1997 Ford Ranger, original transmission and motor....325,000. The fuel pump went and I believe a little bit of junk got into an injector. Started to run a little rough and burn more gas. Got $1300 in trade....I asked for $2000, the nerve they had to chew me down!
    It was too new to ask for the full $30,000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links