People cannot be that lazy - Page 2

People cannot be that lazy

This is a discussion on People cannot be that lazy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a spinal cord injury walking is very hard and extremely painfull for me my peeve is people that park in handicap spots that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a spinal cord injury walking is very hard and extremely painfull for me my peeve is people that park in handicap spots that are perfectly healthy and have no tag or use the tag of the disabled person that owns the car or rides in it occassionally,and yes i'm the guy that will call the cops to report you, I feel that a 50 to 200 dollar reminder is a pretty good tradeoff
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My girlfriend does this -- will spend 5-10 minutes circling to avoid 2 minutes walking. Drives me completely nuts.

She was also probably the type of person with 5 items over the limit at the express line too. And then writes a check!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    I tend to park way out anyway, I pay good money to drive nice vehicles and if anyone is going to ding them them up, its going to be me.... So, why is it, when I park a mile away from the front door with a sea of empty parking spots between my car and the door, why does the hilljack with the 1982 beater or the beat to hell and back minivan full of ADHD kids always park next to me?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I tend to park way out anyway, I pay good money to drive nice vehicles and if anyone is going to ding them them up, its going to be me.... So, why is it, when I park a mile away from the front door with a sea of empty parking spots between my car and the door, why does the hilljack with the 1982 beater or the beat to hell and back minivan full of ADHD kids always park next to me?
    Because he knows you care about your car and wont ding his fine vintage auto when you leave.

Sometimes I think it is because people don't learn to judge the lines and can't park between the lines unless a car is next to them.

I always park at the back and walk but still get dings in my doors.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

People watching is hilarious...I park in the first available spot regardless of the distance to the door...During day light hours...when going out I normally use Valet or park in a well lit area with people around if possible...

Heh, here in TX we do it a bit differently. We wait and jockey for the spots nearest the trees for shade. But even that is just as frustrating.

I personally will pass by some that are very close, for anyone who may need it more than I do, and to be honest I could use the extra steps it takes.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links