People cannot be that lazy

This is a discussion on People cannot be that lazy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My kids and I are leaving the grocery store with a cart full of groceries. We open up the back to our SUV and start ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People cannot be that lazy

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

People cannot be that lazy

My kids and I are leaving the grocery store with a cart full of groceries. We open up the back to our SUV and start loading all the groceries in to the vehicle. There is a parking space immediately to the right of us. I noticed a lady waiting patiently for the car two spaces up of that empty space to leave. After waiting several minutes, she parks her car and enters the grocery store.

She let her car run for several minutes, wasting gas. It was very hot so I know the air conditioner was running. So she wasted even more gas. Not to mention the several minutes she had to wait. All for what? To be two car lengths closer to the grocery store.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The only thing worse than at the grocery store is when they are waiting for the close spot outside the darn gym.

Yes, they are that lazy.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Administrator
    People (women) do that all the time here. I cant stand it when they follow me around the lot waiting for my spot. When they do this, I'll just go for a walk, or take my sweet time loading up and pulling out, or I'll make a few phone calls etc. Almost always there are plenty of other spots within reasonable distance. I don't know why people so this.

In the city that I work, we have several large parks that are very popular with runners, hikers, cyclists etc. On a busy weekend, we get calls all the time about people fighting over the close parking spots... when they came walk/run/ride in the first place.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Not surprising at all, more than once I have seen people circle around several times just to get a space a little closer to the door.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I noticed a lady waiting patiently for the car two spaces up of that empty space to leave. After waiting several minutes, she parks her car and enters the grocery store. All for what? To be two car lengths closer to the grocery store.
    I've got a damaged hip/leg but do not have a "Disabled Person" plate. On the few times the dang thing has seized up on me while out on errands, I have done much the same thing. For only ~30ft gain, it doesn't seem worth it, but I've done it to get to the front of the lot instead of the back ... sure. Depends on the degree of pain in the hip that day.

Just looking, you can't necessarily tell about people's motivations.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    It's a new American past time, jockying for the 'close spot'. When entering a parking lot of any real size (Wally-World, grocery store) I make one pass looking for a good spot, then end up 'way back'. What I actually look for is the shady spot under a landscaped, parking lot tree and those are generally 'way' back.

I've witnessed some pretty intresting verbal's over parking spots from people before. Just stupid.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Funny, I don't have that problem. But then, I always park toward the back of the lot and walk up. I need the exercise. :) The added benefit - I get the full perspective of the lot, who is there, what is going on traveling both to and from the car.

VIP Member
    I don't mind parking way out on the edge of the lot, it's hard to get a door ding out there. You get those when you park up close.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    I knew a fellow who would wait in the car while his wife was in Wal-Mart/mall type stores. This guy would shut the car off then turn the switch back on, put the car in reverse so the back-up lights would be on and just set in the car waiting for his wife. I would imagine he ruffled a few feathers.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I just grab the first spot I come to.
    I've seen others around here that will circle the lot or sit and wait and I just walk by them on my way to the store.

Its like spending $50 or more a month to belong to a gym and then using a riding lawnmower on a lawn you can cut with a pushmower in less than an hour.

People do some of the craziest things sometime. (me too I'm afraid.)

Senior Moderator
    I HATE wasting time looking for a parking spot. Nearest available is JUST FINE with me. I do, however, try to find one reasonably close to the cart coral things. That way I'm not running all over the parking lot with the shopping cart while my freshly bought goods are waiting in my car.

But that's my only vice when it comes to parking in parking lots.

When my uncle had a stroke, he was paralized on his left side and had a hard time walking. He commented to me once that he really missed walking and that if he could, he would walk everywhere. Made me think that we take walking for granted. Parking way out in the back 40 does not bother me at all, besides, I need the exercise..one of my biggest pet peaves tho is those who fail to return a cart to a cart corral, even when they are parked next to one!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    [Uncle w/ stroke] commented to me once that he really missed walking and that if he could, he would walk everywhere. Made me think that we take walking for granted.
    I know how he feels.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I HATE wasting time looking for a parking spot. Nearest available is JUST FINE with me. I do, however, try to find one reasonably close to the cart coral things. That way I'm not running all over the parking lot with the shopping cart while my freshly bought goods are waiting in my car.

But that's my only vice when it comes to parking in parking lots.
    And once that little one gets here, you will want that cart return bin to be right next to your car. Because all the crap that goes along with them when they are really little adds up quickly.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links