Melvin Clark NEEDS Your Help

This is a discussion on Melvin Clark NEEDS Your Help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Greetings, I am sending you this email with the spirit of happiness and with great amount of trust. My name is Melvin Clark, from Liberia ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Clark NEEDS Your Help

Administrator

Talking Melvin Clark NEEDS Your Help

Greetings,

I am sending you this email with the spirit of happiness and with great amount of trust.
    My name is Melvin Clark, from Liberia .
    I am the eldest son of the late Captain Gordon Clark, the former Director of Ministry of Mining and Solid Mineral, Liberia .

I am now in Ghana as a refugee in the Ghana refugee camp.
    Please, I want to confide on you to help me solve this problem, which I have.
    My late father deposited a consignment with a security & finance company before the war in my country, and when the fight was ablaze, my parent was shot dead by the rebels and I and my sister escaped to exile by the assistant of The United Nations peace keeping soldiers and we were brought to Ghana to seek asylum under Ghana Government.

One of my late father's friends, Mr. Yang Lee is suppose to receive the consignment for him in Asia, all effort to contact Mr. Yang Lee has proved abortive but I still remain the next of kin to empower a new foreign partner to assist and work on behalf of me, it is on this note that I am contacting you to please assist me to make claims of the consignments from the security company and help us invest the funds for the benefit of my future.

I have personally contacted the security Company and they have assured me that the consignment is intact and his ready to deliver the consignment to any of my late father partner or anybody I empower to received the consignment in any part of Asia, America or Europe as it was instructed by my late father before he die, now what I intend to do now is to empower you for the claim of this consignment on behalf of me in your country.

Please, this is confidential, and I have not told anybody before about this, the consignment contains 50 Carats of purple rough-cut diamond gemstones of Diamond Creek, Lofa County Origin and $30 Million U.S Dollars which according to what I see from my late fathers will, the money is two silver boxes.

I count on you and i trust you because am sure and i have the believed that you can do it and be honest with me.

At the moment i did not have any financial power to handle this transaction alone and that is why am getting you involve to help me with one mind and solve this problem for me.

I am sending this email on public cafe, I cannot say everything here for confidential reason, but please you can give me your telephone number and i will call you immediately.

Attachment is my international passport and all the documents i saw on my father briefcase, I want you to check it up and let me know how you can iron this issue out for me as soon as possible.

Thank you, with hope of your help.
    Yours truly,
    Mr. Melvin Clark.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ...Please, this is confidential, and I have not told anybody before about this...
    Now you've done it.

do they realy think people will still fall for this scam?
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Distinguished Member
    All the time...

I am contacting you to please assist me to make claims of the consignments from the security company and help us invest the funds for the benefit of my future.
    Oh, yeah. For the benefit of your future. I'll get right on that, Mel. Just as soon as I wash the dishes and remove the snails from my geraniums.

A quick Google search shows Mel to be 25 yrs old in some copies, then 31 yrs old in others. Hm. Do ya think this could be a scam? Noooooooo! Say it ain't so.

No mention of what the benefits might be for me or mine, helping an unknown person in a foreign country laying physical claim to "consignments" from a security company based simply on an unsolicited email from ... who, a person on the lam named Melvin Clark? Riiiiiiiiight.

Here's another one from Mel. Oops. Sorry. Melvin. He's now 22 yrs old with a different sob story. His first consignment was better ($30M, instead of this $20M).
    Greeting.

My name is Melvin Clark; I am 22 years of age, the only son of late Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Clark from Nshili District of Gikomgoro Province in Republic of Liberia.

My father before his death was a prosperous Cocoa and Gold merchant in Kigali, Republic of Liberia before his untimely death, after his business trip to Abidjan-Cote d'Ivoire, to negotiate on a Cocoa and Gold business he wanted to invest in Abidjan -Coted'Ivoire.

My mother died when I was little, and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on 12th November 2004 he told me that he has the sum of Twenty Million United State Dollars. (USD$20,000,000.00) deposited in a security company in Ghana, that he wanted to use this fund to invest his cocoa business in Ivory Coast. After the burial of my late father I came down to Ghana and went to the security company where the fund is deposited with all the documents regarding to the deposit of the fund that was given to me by my late father. I am just 22 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want you to help me claim and transfer the fund for investment in your country because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis in my country and Africa.

The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regard. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:

1. Can you honestly help me?
    2. Can I completely trust you?
    3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your possession.

Please, get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you and God bless you.
    My sincere regards,

Melvin Clark
    Tell you what, Mel. Send me the consignment by whatever means you have to get it out of your country. It's unclear whether you're in a refugee camp in Ghana, or a university student. I'll sit on it for ~6mos to ensure it's real, peel of 20% for my trouble, then wire the rest to a numbered account in the Caymans. Of course, if you're in a refugee camp and on the run, it's hard to see how you'll get the consignment from this security company. Still, if you're willing to send it, I'll be willing to skim a percentage. Contact my attorney at the following address, then I'll get back to you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Don't worry about it guys, I'm already helping him out. All I had to do was give him my checking number and account codes and he is going to transfer me the money.

Easiest 30 million I have ever made.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

That's obviously a scam. I got an authentic offer. Woohoo! I'm gonna be rollin' in dough, now!
    -----------------------------------------------------

DEAR FRIEND,

THIS MESSAGE MIGHT MEET YOU IN UTMOST SURPRISE HOWEVER,IT'S JUST MY URGENT
    NEED FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER THAT IS MAKING ME CONTACT YOU
    FOR THIS TRANSACTION.

I AM A BANKER BY PROFESSION FROM OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO IN WEST
    AFRICA,AND CURRENTLY HOLDING THE POST OF FOREIGN REMMITTANCE MANAGER IN OUR
    BANK BURKINA FASO OFFICE.

I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF TRANSFERING THE LEFT OVER
    FUNDS( $5.6 MILLION) OF ONE OF MY BANK DECEASED CLIENT WHO DIED IN THE
    SHARTER PLANE WHICH CRASHED ON MOUNT KENYAN IN THE KENYAN CITY OF SUMBURU
    ON 21ST JULY,2003 YOU CAN CONFIRM THE GENUINESS OF THE DECEASED DEATH BY
    CLICKING ON THIS WEB SITE

HENCE,I AM INVITING YOU FOR A BUSINESS DEAL WHERE THIS MONEY CAN BE SHARED
    BETWEEN US IN THE RATIO 60/40

IF YOU AGREE TO MY BUSINESS PROPOSAL EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE BY
    SENDING YOUR INFO SO THAT I WILL SEND TO YOU A TEXT OF APPLICATION FORM
    WHICH YOU WILL FILL AND SEND TO THE BANK FOR THE CAMANCEMENT OF THE
    TRANSATION.

1 YOUR FULL NAME................

2 YOUR PHONE NUMBER...........

3 YOUR COUNTRY..................

4 YOUR AGE.......................

5 YOUR OCCUPATION................

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Best Regard

Isaa IBARAHAM
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Hey, how the heck did you guys get in my email,this was suppose to be on the down low between me and Mel,yeah I know I called him Mel but we are that close,and Mel is in the Solid waste business in fact he is full of solid waste.If anybody is still falling for these scams I think they should post a website with a heading,Yup I'm An Idiot.I have seen a few of them on judge judy and the peoples court that cashed bogus checks and sent part of the money back to mel and his cyber cafe cronies.Chris Hansen did an investigative report on these guys and actually met one of them face to face,when he was confronted the guy took off running like a little beeeetch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Poor Melvin. At least he tossed in that "spirit of happiness" line. Heck, I feel brighter already.

I too am disappointed that the secret is out. But I think I have a leg up on you guys. I have already given him all my personal information so I expect a big check any day now.

I have a private line in my office that I have the caller ID listed with the phone company as NYC PD. So the phone rings the other day and the caller asks me if he reached the New York City Promotion Departman. So I play along and asked him the reason for calling.

He stated that we was calling to claim his prize for $12,000. He wanted to know where he had to send his claim form and his $12.00 processing fee.

I asked him what info did the form ask for. Oh, my name, address, city,state,zip, social security, and mothers name.

Sir do you think that there is anything wrong with giving out all your personal info?

Well I have to provide it to get the $12,000.

Do you really think that after you provide all that info you are really going to get $12,000

Why not?

Because who ever send you the claim form is going to clean out your bank account.

How could they do that?

You provided all the info needed to wire transfer all the money out of the account

Oh, I only keep a small amount of money in my checking account but all my money in my savings account.

Do you think that if you call the 1-800 for your bank you could transfer money from savings to checking?

Oh I transfer money all the time like that

So what prevents the crooks from doing the same thing?

Oh, Maybe you are right.

So I guess people fall for these scams everyday.

Administrator
    They had a special TV report a couple of years ago. Thousands of log headed Americans fall for Melvin Clark type scams every year. Sad but true.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A lady and her husband from my work got suckered out of $20,000~ because they thought they were buying an original, fully restored Ford Model T. They were hunting them down for awhile with the help of the local police of where the scammers were located and after a year and a half they finally got their money back. Goes to show that you should look at items like this personally before sending any money.
    Springfield 1911A1, Ruger GP100 .357 mag, Glock 17, Ruger Vaquero .44 mag

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Check out the site 419Eater.com 419 is the Nigerian police code for the scam these guys run. On that site are stories about the guys who bait the scammers, leading tham on, an having them do ridiculous things (with pictures), It's hilarious, and just what these guys deserve.

This is really a scam?
    Damn, I gotta call the bank in the morning.

Note to self: Cancel $500,000 check to Melvin Clark.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links