MSNBC Poll: In God We Trust

This is a discussion on MSNBC Poll: In God We Trust within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Live Vote: Should ?In God We Trust? be yanked? - Life - MSNBC.com MSNBC has a poll up asking if "In God We Trust" should ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MSNBC Poll: In God We Trust

Live Vote: Should ?In God We Trust? be yanked? - Life - MSNBC.com

MSNBC has a poll up asking if "In God We Trust" should be removed from American currency.

I know it is not 2A or self defense related, but I think if all of the small things are attacked it won't take too long for the other stuff to go away as well.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the 'Christmas Break.' After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my tax payer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be 'politically correct.'

In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshiping God . . .) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day . .

What do you all think????

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.
    IMHO specifically those who make the rules should have to work, Oh wait, they rarely work now, and they are screwing the company up more each day. The employees of the government should still have the day off, they are just trying to keep the company moving.

Voted. As far as I'm concerned, we're behind in this one.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

The left has so twisted and misused the separation of church and state line for so long, the sheep would blurt it out like a talking point with incredible ease.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member

Me too, but for a different reason

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.
    ?
    Violating the never talk politics and religion with strangers rule:

These are just another day for me. And these should not be paid holidays for Federal purposes. I'd make an exception for Thanksgiving because it is very historically intertwined with our nations founding story. OTOH, the earliest settlers refused to celebrate christmas, and punished such celebration.

Religion is intertwined with our founding story, but not in a very nice way. Go back and read about the reasons folks moved from MA to RI and CT.

There are innumerable churches in my community. People have plenty of opportunity to participate in the religious activities of their choice and to practice their own religions unbothered by the state.

What we don't need is the state encouraging (or discouraging) these behaviors. So yes, Christmas and Easter should not be paid holidays--- and by the way, Easter is not a paid Federal holiday; just Christmas.

I do also question very much the local practice of closing the university or giving the kids days off for "Good Friday" or for "Easter."
    Since it is a state supported school, these "concessions" to the will of the majority are the equivalent of a prohibited state endorsement of religion.

Funny, I never see the place closed for the religious holidays of folks who are not christian.

The best way for government to handle religion is to stay the heck out of it, completely. Absolute neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    What we don't need is the state encouraging (or discouraging) these behaviors. So yes, Christmas and Easter should not be paid holidays
    Sure, but getting them to lose hold of the perks would be like wrestling bacon from a bulldog.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

Dumping the perks?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sure, but getting them to lose hold of the perks would be like wrestling bacon from a bulldog.
    I agree it would be like wrestling bacon from a bulldog. But, it should be done.

During the first 20 years that I was employed by Uncle, I was required to make up time I took off to practice my religion, and I had to make the time up within the following pay period. Of course, there was no evenhandedness for those who chose to celebrate the majority's holidays.

I understand the disruption that would be caused by thwarting the religious holidays for the vast majority of employees. They'd at times get to take Good Friday with a wink and a nod.It mostly depended on how the secretary time keepers were feeling at any given moment. "The rules" were whatever the secretaries decided they were. It was that way with everything.

There must be no preference. That can only lead to the sectarian/ethnic/religious strife we see throughout the rest of the world. And, it can only become a bigger problem here as the majority main line churches are displaced by population shifts and shifts in the practices of large sub-sets of the people. Neutrality is the only way around these things. NO PREFERENCES. Just like it says in the Bill of Rights.

It won't matter that much in about 10 or 20 years anyway, because we will be using the Euro instead of the dollar bill, and with debit and credit cards, the dollar bill is used less and less every day anyway.

I don't need something printed on my money that I already have faith in. Those that do imo don't have that strong of a faith to start with.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Thanks for the link to the poll.

I voted "Yes".

Our government should not promote religion, of any kind. Clear violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    It won't matter that much in about 10 or 20 years anyway
    You may be more right than you think. In Plano, down Jupiter Rd. just outside of Allen there is a store where you can exchange dollars and Peso. The whole store front in in Spanish, and it ain't a Thomas Cook or anything like that. Also Pizza Patron accepts Peso for pizza (sorry, I just had to write it that way).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Please do not suggest that the govenment start working on Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, Thankgiving or any Sundays. We already have way too much government.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    You may be more right than you think. In Plano, down Jupiter Rd. just outside of Allen there is a store where you can exchange dollars and Peso. The whole store front in in Spanish, and it ain't a Thomas Cook or anything like that. Also Pizza Patron accepts Peso for pizza (sorry, I just had to write it that way).
    some places in NYC accept Euros now.

Our constitution and the foundations of this country matter to very few now.

If you've ever listened to "man on the street thursday" on the Sean Hannity show, you can quickly figure out how clueless the public is. Very few even know what the 1st, 2nd amendments are, let alone the name of the vice president or even the capital of this country.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Moderator
    I fail to see where putting in God we Trust on anything is promoting religion of any kind.

It does nothing other than acknowledge the Creator.

This wasnt even an issue 40 years ago, when most people beleived in something other than themselves.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

well, welcome to political correctness. The minority or atheists and humanists like using the courts to push their views on the public.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links