Calvin and hobbes

This is a discussion on Calvin and hobbes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Calvin and Hobbes...

Thread: Calvin and hobbes

Calvin and hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes
    Attached Files

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    When the moon rises over the pumpkin patch, on July 2
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I loved Calvin and Hobbes. That and Bloom County were my favorite comics. It's a shame both the artists retired.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I loved Calvin and Hobbes. That and Bloom County were my favorite comics. It's a shame both the artists retired.
    Berkly Breathed, who drew Bloom County is not 100% retired. He now does a strip entitled "Opus", with the same characters from Bloom County, and it is carried in our local newspaper, the Crappy Appeal...er, the Commercial Appeal, in Memphis.

He is a flaming Lib now. He was always a pretty heavy left leaner but he makes no bones about it now. I don't particularly like the strip because of the heavy liberal slant. I did enjoy Bloom County when it was being done but, that may be the result of the fact that I was a teenager and as a result of that, fairly stupid and lacking in real world experience as teens usually are.

Personally, I loved Calvin and Hobbes. And now, one of my favorite strips is "Get Fuzzy". It is drawn by a fellow that has a bit of a left bend but, he is pretty fair about poking fun and both libs and conservatives.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I always like Farside by Gary Larson. That poor man had a warped way of looking at the world. Wish he would come out of retirement.

Links