UK Police Arrest Drunk Driver with 'Assassin's Kit' and "self loading" pistol

This is a discussion on UK Police Arrest Drunk Driver with 'Assassin's Kit' and "self loading" pistol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Assassin's guns hidden in pram | The Sun |News By ANTHONY FRANCE and PHILIP CASE Published: 19 Aug 2008 ARMED police examine an �assassin’s kit� ...

Thread: UK Police Arrest Drunk Driver with 'Assassin's Kit' and "self loading" pistol

Assassin's guns hidden in pram | The Sun |News

By ANTHONY FRANCE
    and PHILIP CASE

Published: 19 Aug 2008
    ARMED police examine an �assassin’s kit� they found in a car boot — hidden under a pram.

The lethal haul included a pistol with silencer and an AK47 assault rifle.

Police swooped on a grey VW Golf after being told that a CCTV camera had picked up a rifle on the passenger seat.

The driver was asked if any other weapons were in the car and allegedly replied: �You should take a look in the boot.�

Cops retrieved the AK47, along with a Desert Eagle self-loading pistol, a Glock 17 pistol, a revolver and an air rifle.

There were also several rounds of ammunition and a camouflage vest — all tucked beneath the pram and a collection of old vinyl LPs.

A man was arrested at the scene and later charged with drink driving.

He was bailed on firearms matters.

Police spent nearly an hour bagging and tagging the weapons and other items seized in Manchester city centre.

Advertisement

One local said: �The suspect was sitting in the front with a rifle. He was questioned at the roadside, against the wall, before he was placed into the back of a marked police car.

�You don’t expect to see that outside your house. It is worrying, given the concern over gun crime.�

Lewis O’Dowd, 24, of Northenden, Manchester, will face city magistrates on August 27, accused of drink driving.
    shame on guns...now pistols self-load? what's next..self firing guns? ooh wait, we have those already.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Administrator
    Whats a pram? and do they really call it "drink driving"?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Pram is a British term for a baby stroller, just like they refer to a cars trunk as a "boot".
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I guess I must be an assassin if that's all it takes is a coupla guns and a few rounds of ammo,wait a minute I don't have the vinyl records in my assassins kit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

the question is... where did he get this kit from? i thought the UK was gun free.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Moderator
    Holy cow! Those Brits cops would die of fright if they saw what I carry in my truck sometimes...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    the question is... where did he get this kit from? i thought the UK was gun free.
    I was wondering the same thing. I though they got rid of all those nasty guns over there in Britopia.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Do any of the UK cops know how to unload a firearm, or do they have to make a phone call to an "average American" citizen here in the States?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I love the Brits, they are stoic and long suffering. I like the description of the find: "Several rounds of ammunition, and vinyl LP's."
    "Good god, man, I hope it wasn't the Peter Gunn Theme!"
    Around here if you're found with several rounds of ammunition, you're on the way home.

The trial was delayed while the court tried to find a turntable on which to play the evidence
    Elementary, my dear Watson, the LP's were by Michael Jackson, and the man was taking them to the country to shoot them so no one would suffer any more.

An "assassin's kit," hm? What is that, and how would they know?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i'd be in trouble if i lived in Britain. they would consider my guns and ammo collection to be enough to wage war.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

and an air rifle
    There's the REAL problem, he just wanted to be like Red Rider.

What I find interesting is they picked up a rifle in the passenger seat via CCTV. What would happen if they say, oh I dunno, spent that money and trained their Cops to use a firearm and then bought them some?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    What I find interesting is they picked up a rifle in the passenger seat via CCTV.
    I saw a story where the average Brit is observed on a CCTV camera 3000 times a day.
    Remember the bombing in London? Those LEO's tracked down the perps and followed their moves using all the cameras around the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I saw a story where the average Brit is observed on a CCTV camera 3000 times a day.
    Remember the bombing in London? Those LEO's tracked down the perps and followed their moves using all the cameras around the site.
    coming soon to America.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    coming soon to America.
    During the Super Bowl in Tampa, cameras using facial recognition software were placed at the entrances. The theory was, a terrorist walks in, the camera gets a match, and the cops swoop down. In reality, what really happened is the camera got a match on 36 faces.
    How many arrests? Zero. Security couldn't find them. Somebody made a lot of money from your tax dollars.

I think in G.B. they take it more seriously. When I've gone through customs in London airports, I notice a camera watching me as the customs agent asks questions. I've even seen them turn the camera into baby carriages to ID babies. Another camera scans your passport while the agent stamps it.

Sponsored Links