Any Crossbow Shooters- newbie questions

This is a discussion on Any Crossbow Shooters- newbie questions within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just turned 50, my arthritis is getting much worse (wrist, elbows) and as it's getting difficult to find a legal place to shoot in ...

Thread: Any Crossbow Shooters- newbie questions

I just turned 50, my arthritis is getting much worse (wrist, elbows) and as it's getting difficult to find a legal place to shoot in my area, ammunition is getting more expensive, and I get easily bored with a .22, I'm thinking of buying a quality crossbow and have a few questions. Could you recommend a particular model? can they be cocked w/o much wrist strength? are they fun/challenging? Basically I don't know squat about them so anything pro/con you could share would be appreciated.

pop over to the Excaliber site and talk with those boys and gals, they are very fun and can be a challeging not as easy to shoot as most think, with the cocking aids not bad on the arm or wrist and or back
    IMO Exclaiber/ Tenpoint /Horton are some of the best.

Actually. Funny you bring that up today. I'm a good bit younger, but I'm looking into maybe starting with one for hunting this year myself. I just started browsing around this week looking at different types. I've hunted with a compound bow before though too so I'm familiar with the concept. They have lots of different types available these days. They even have crank and pulley systems to help draw the string back to lock on the heavier poundage ones. Kinda cool. I'm still learning though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Sponsored Links