9/11 Story Missing?

This is a discussion on 9/11 Story Missing? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was scrolling either cnn.com or foxnews.com and saw a story about the feds uncovering new info about the collapse of the towers. I clicked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Story Missing?

9/11 Story Missing?

I was scrolling either cnn.com or foxnews.com and saw a story about the feds uncovering new info about the collapse of the towers. I clicked another link to read a story, and when I returned the story was gone. I went back and tried to search both sites with no luck. Did anyone see this? Why did they hide the story? Maybe it just got archived and replaced by other stories to fill the homepage.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps contacting CNN or Fox news might uncover the story . Otherwise Google might find it again too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    If you hear the thumpty thump of the black choppers, let us know then go hide in your basement. Make sure you have some foil down there too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you hear the thumpty thump of the black choppers, let us know then go hide in your basement. Make sure you have some foil down there too.
    Take it easy, pal. I think you're overthinking my post.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    Take it easy, pal. I think you're overthinking my post.
    No, I'm not... just bustin' your chops in good spirit.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Cheers

I do hear choppers a lot though. I live near an airport... or maybe that's just what the CIA wants me to think.

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Try the wayback machine or google cache. Find the url in you browser history.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Senior Moderator
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Yup, thanks matt! The only other question... why are they even doing a news story on this? I guess that's why it disappeared from the headlines so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    Yup, thanks matt! The only other question... why are they even doing a news story on this? I guess that's why it disappeared from the headlines so quickly.
    I think Jesse Ventura's assesments of Building 7's destruction brought this back. I guess being a US Navy SEAL, trained to blow things up and having an impeccable patriotic background that can't be sullied allowed Jesse Ventura to raise the question that Building 7 was barely scratched yet fell at free fall speed.

His words, not mine
    His new book is great, BTW
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I think Jessie is full of hooie. I've read bunches of the conspiracy theories and have a sister that swallows every one of them. What happened happened because of a bunch of bad guys smashed airplanes into the towers and the Pentagon and it's as simple as that. The government did not blow up building 7 and anyone that thinks so has too much time on their hands.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Moderator
    When people talk about WTC7, the often fail to realize two things.

First, the water supply had failed, so the sprinklers did little to nothing.
    Second, the building burned unchecked for 7 or so hours because there was no water and also because the people who would have been fighting the fire died when the towers collapsed.

It is true that prior to WTC7, no skyscraper had collapsed due to fire before, but it is also true that one had never been allowed to burn unchecked for 7+ hours before, either.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    When people talk about WTC7, the often fail to realize two things.

First, the water supply had failed, so the sprinklers did little to nothing.
    Second, the building burned unchecked for 7 or so hours because there was no water and also because the people who would have been fighting the fire died when the towers collapsed.

It is true that prior to WTC7, no skyscraper had collapsed due to fire before, but it is also true that one had never been allowed to burn unchecked for 7+ hours before, either.

Matt
    I don't think it was a crazy conspiracy I do not listen to crazy people with tinfoil hats either but when Jesse Ventura said that, it did strike a chord with me because, IMHO to me Ventura is a true patriot and is experienced in Demolitions. I'll trust a SEAL, Governnor and Harvard Professor rather than some internet junkies
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I haven't read the full report yet, but WTC 7 has always bothered me. For one, it received very little media attention. I would guess if there was a nation wide poll, 80% of Americans would think that only two buildings collapsed on 9/11.

When the media shuts something up like that, and a building about a block away from impact mysteriously collapses in what appears to be a controlled demolition, it makes me wonder just how free our press is.

I'll grab my flame retardant gear and my tinfoil...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links