Who will Guard the Guards?

This is a discussion on Who will Guard the Guards? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mall guards stole from stores, cars, police say Daily Freeman - Mall guards stole from stores, cars, police say WALLKILL (NY) - Four shopping mall ...

Thread: Who will Guard the Guards?

Mall guards stole from stores, cars, police say

Daily Freeman - Mall guards stole from stores, cars, police say

WALLKILL (NY) - Four shopping mall security guards have been arrested on charges they stole from stores, parked cars and lost purses at the Galleria at Crystal Run, state police at Middletown said Thursday.

Police said they uncovered the thefts while investigating a burglary Sunday at Blue Ribbon Sports in the town of Wallkill mall. Police said the guards were suspects in a series of commerical burglaries while employed by Pyramid Security to protect the mall property.

Two guards, Jorge Irizzary, 36, of Westwood, N.J., and Ruben Ramos, 21, of Middletown, were each charged with four counts of felony burglary. Two others, Robby Predmore, 24, of Port Jervis and Daniel Loeb, 21, of Sparrowbush, were each charged with one count of burglary.

The four men are also suspected of stealing GPS devices from vehicles parked in the Galleria parking lot and removing cash from found purses turned over to them for safekeeping.

Police said they have recovered approximately $7,000 worth of goods so far.

The four suspects were brought to the Middletown state police barracks for questioning and arrested during the past week. Ramos was arrested Tuesday, Irizzary and Loeb were arrested Wednesday and Predmore was arrested Thursday. All were arraigned in Wallkill Town Court with recommended bail set at $5,000.

Police said the investigation is continuing and further arrests and charges are expected.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

EW3
    You get the quality you pay for. I think these guys might make 8 bucks an hour...
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

You think that much? wouldn't think more than $6.00 p/day

Background check, might have helped. I think, in some cases, that this field is going the way of other service oriented businesses and people just don't care anymore.

I know there are some SG out there that are good and honest hard working guards, but I bet most of them are only SG while waiting for a slot in a LEO office (as I have seen on this very forum many times).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Background check, might have helped. I think, in some cases, that this field is going the way of other service oriented businesses and people just don't care anymore.

I know there are some SG out there that are good and honest hard working guards, but I bet most of them are only SG while waiting for a slot in a LEO office (as I have seen on this very forum many times).
    I think that these BG's each found their slot in the local LEO office.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator

I guess the corrections officers will be now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SSSHHHH, did you hear that,,,,,,,,,I think I just heard GECKO45s head explode!!!!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    SSSHHHH, did you hear that,,,,,,,,,I think I just heard GECKO45s head explode!!!!

Even if his head did explode, take heart...the contents will all remain firmly encased in his trusty Kevlar ballistic helmet (with extra tinfoil lining).
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Gecko, Gecko, Gecko... I feel so violated! You disappoint me Gecko, you really do! Now who's gonna protect me from being molested in the mens room?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    So the good and honest ones remain SGs, the rest become LEOs.

Hey, don't get mad, I'm just paraphrasing what you said.

Seriously though, why are SGs that want to be LEOs universally dragged through the cess pool? I see the same thing in EMS; 911 medics look down on transport medics (even though transport medics have lots more cool toys and drugs to give), and may even be 911 medics who are working a second job in transport. But I digress.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links