Don't taze me, Bro

Don't taze me, Bro

This is a discussion on Don't taze me, Bro within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is not what police departments had in mind when they started handing out Tasers. Florida deputies were forced to Taser an escaped emu named ...

Thread: Don't taze me, Bro

Don't taze me, Bro

This is not what police departments had in mind when they started handing out Tasers.

Florida deputies were forced to Taser an escaped emu named Plop-Plop after it "went kind of crazy."

The giant Australian bird - which never got a chance to squawk, "Don't Tase me, bro" - was taken to a vet and made a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    This is not what police departments had in mind when they started handing out Tasers.

Florida deputies were forced to Taser an escaped emu named Plop-Plop after it "went kind of crazy."

The giant Australian bird - which never got a chance to squawk, "Don't Tase me, bro" - was taken to a vet and made a full recovery.
    Picture?
    Story?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

sorry no pics article appeared in the NY Post under weird but true stories.

1943 - 2009
    Fla. deputies Taser Plop-Plop the unruly emu

PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) -- Bay County Sheriff's deputies were forced to use a Taser to subdue an escaped emu named Plop-Plop. The large female bird escaped from a farm last weekend and on Monday, she holed up with some horses and goats in a pen.

When deputies arrived, the emu "went kind of crazy," said Sheriff's deputy Randolph Grob.

The deputies didn't want the bird to hurt itself or them, so they used the Taser stun gun to immobilize Plop-Plop.

The emu was brought to the Bay County Animal Control Center, where she has made a full recovery. The bird's owner is expected to take her home soon.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Moderator
    True story,

My Uncle and his grandson were doing some early season deer scouting 2 years ago and got charged by an emu (escaped from a nearby emu farm).

A .223 apparently stops an emu quite well. We now call my uncle "Emu"
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    I wonder if it smelled like Thanksgiving after they tased it? Yummmmmm roasted emu.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    True story,

...A .223 apparently stops an emu quite well. We now call my uncle "Emu"
    "Uncle Emu" now that is funny!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've heard stories of Emus being turned loose since the price of them bottomed out. That would surprise you while scouting for deer season. Make one heck of a turkey dinner if you could fit it in the oven.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I have a friend that we call Emu because when he runs he kinda looks like a drunk Emu

Did they name the EMU before or after they tazed him ,Plop Plop,besides maybe he didn't like the name they gave him and retaliated
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    That happened here, just the other day. Local reporter's Emu escaped. Was terrorizing the neighborhood. Two Bay County Sheriff's Deputies wound up dealing with it. The critter's fine, he'll be back with his owner in the next few days from what I understand.

Sponsored Links