Where I've been - Page 2

Where I've been

This is a discussion on Where I've been within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm saddened to hear of your loss Euc.........My prayers are with you and your Family....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where I've been

I'm saddened to hear of your loss Euc.........My prayers are with you and your Family.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    as a New member ill just say Condolances on your loss , and Cherish the Great memorys you have of your father ( speaking as one who has none of his )

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    EUC, I feel for ya man. I could not amagine what it will be like without my father. He is, was, and always be my best friend. You and yours are in our prayers.

Hang in there brother.
    It will get better

DC Founder
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, Euclidean, you have my condolences.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    Hi Euclidean.
    It's nice to have you back.
    Sorry to hear about your Dads passing.
    I don't feel like saying very much right now since it all still hits a bit too close to home for me.
    Just be sure to know that you sure do have lots of friends here.
    I was very touched by your writing.

Sorry about your loss Euc. Me and my family will pray for you and yours.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Euc-

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. If you need any help just ask, I'm sure most of us would be glad to do whatever we could for you.

A1C Lickey

Sorry for your loss...

Euc, sorry to hear about your loss. Listen, you'll do fine. From what I've read your dad raised one heck of a man.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Euc,

My condolences...lost my Dad in September 2001. I'm the oldest in the family and I also spent some time getting my Mom's finances together for her and handling the other details. It didn't really hit me he was gone for good until what had to be done was done. I guess then I took some time to think about his life and it's effect on myself and others. He left some of himself to all of us, he is now is a better place, he left my family's world a better place, and now I can finally think of his PASSING in a positive way. God Bless...
    Last edited by Kompact9; December 8th, 2005 at 03:50 PM.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Euc, you and your family have my deepest sympathy. My own Dad retired in April of 2002 at age 62 with many of the same plans as your Dad. He found out he needed a second bypass surgery and scheduled it for the day before Thanksgiving of the same year. His surgery went poorly and he lingered in CCU as his organs slowly failed, finally giving up on December 26th. It still makes the Holiday season hard to cope with but we do the best we can.

I wish I could say that it gets easier but that's not entirely true, you simply learn to deal with the loss. I think of my Dad every day and I'm sure you will too. Be aware that even when you think you're past the grief there will still be days it hits out of the blue. The first year is the hardest; Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. just get through them the best you can and be there for and WITH your family.

If I can offer any help just give me a yell buddy,
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Euc,

My sincerest condolances. My wife and one of my best friends have both lost their fathers in the past few years, and I have seen the grief they have gone through. I fortunately still have my father around but still feel inadequate compared to him. My son got him talking the other night for a family tree project at school, and I found out he felt the same way about his dad. I guess its just the way sons feel about their fathers. I'm sure your father's proud of you, being a teacher and a responsible man.

Hang in there.

Euc: Sorry for your loss. The thread, from top to bottom, tore me up. I still miss my Mom and Dad. Let the quiet passage of time heal. It'll start...
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 9th, 2006 at 08:59 PM.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Euclidean, you and your family are in my prayers. This thread also brought a tear to my eye, as my father passed in 1999, and I will always miss him. God bless all of you as you live your lives, remembering the best of your memories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links