Any Titan owners here?

This is a discussion on Any Titan owners here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm trying to get my wife excited about a quad cab Titan. We can get a killer deal right now and she is on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Titan owners here?

Any Titan owners here?

I'm trying to get my wife excited about a quad cab Titan. We can get a killer deal right now and she is on the fence mostly due to fuel economy (or lack thereof). I told her that it would be safer than her Tiberon (we're expecting in Feb.).
    Please tell me why you like your truck and why my wife should get one. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    My neighbor has one; its a real nice truck... but the fuel economy is poor. Does she drive much?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I like my truck because It's not a Nissan! J/K

Tell her pickups are popular and she can haul all the baby furniture and stuff in it! Mine has the little 4.3 liter and it gets pretty good fuel mileage.

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    Don't have a Titan. Mine is a double cab Tundra. No, gas mileage isn't great, but it pulls my 25' travel trailer. A truck will protect her and the baby better than a car will in an accident. More metal around them. Can put a hard cover on the back and gives her plenty of room to haul whatever she buys at the store. Of course you have to remember I haven't owned a "car" since 1982, and since that time I had 1 SUV, that I only had for a year. Missed the convenience of my PU truck.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I like my truck because It's not a Nissan! J/K

Tell her pickups are popular and she can haul all the baby furniture and stuff in it! Mine has the little 4.3 liter and it gets pretty good fuel mileage.
    I like the garage myself.

I'm of the opinion that every household should have a truck; they are just so darn handy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Sweet garage, Shadow! Nice lowered truck, too.

I have a 98 Dodge Dakota which I've modified a bit. When I first got it, it was getting an appalling 16mpg. After a few mods.....

- tonneau cover
    - cold air intake
    - Pacesetter high-flow catback dual exhaust

....it was up to 20mpg.

Keep the tires fully inflated and use synthetic oil. Run some Sea Foam through both the gas tank and the crank case every now and then (crank case a day or so before you change the oil), and that'll go a long way toward keeping the innards clean.

Dodge does have the lifetime warranty now, and a lot of incentives.....and it's still the best looking truck on the road. Not saying the Nissan Titan is the ugliest truck on the road......just second only to those Toyota Tundra pickups is all. Besides....I thought we were supposed to be buying American.

Distinguished Member
    I rented one to take on the beach for surf fishing. I have rented other makes. They have signs up telling you to let the air pressure in your tires down to 22 psi. I always did that with the other makes and still a few times I felt like I was going to get stuck. I didn't have to let any air out the tires on the Nissan, and it is about as fast as a GT Mustang. There were a couple things that I didn't like, the bed is a little shorter than the American trucks and the interior controls are not well placed.But I have never been in a truck that will 4 wheel as good and one as fast.
    Last edited by redrick; August 24th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I own a ford F150 supercrew and the gas mileage sux worse than my camaro but I can haul all my stuff and it is a better form of protection for my fiancee when she is driving instead of her little ford focus. And it rides nice and comfy and so when the wife might need to haul your little one or things needed around the house then she has it right there and also works well on trips.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Dodge does have the lifetime warranty now, and a lot of incentives.....and it's still the best looking truck on the road. Not saying the Nissan Titan is the ugliest truck on the road......just second only to those Toyota Tundra pickups is all. Besides....I thought we were supposed to be buying American.
    Not sure about the Titan, but Tundra's are built in the US. Just by a Japanese company. Let's not forget that up until last year Dodge/Chysler were owned by Daimler, a Germany company. If all things are equal I'll buy US, but until US car makers bring their quality back up to standards I'll buy whoever gives me the best for my dollar.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the resonses fellas.

We went to a dealership last night and two more today. We hate the mileage but we were hoping to offset that by getting a great price. We came close but we walked. On the way home I had an ephinany. I think we're going to try and find a slightly used FJ. The better mileage and fitting in the garage are contributing factors in this decision.

Dodge all the way

Hey Titan man.....The only rumor i have heard is in the rear ends....They didn't put a big enough gears to handle the horse power that they put out......But myself and 95% of the guys around here where I live are Dodges new and old.....I have a 95 model which i have done some modifieing to it....and wouldn't trade it for the world....and my son also has a 2001 model....good trucks....

Oweee!

Ouch..sell Fords... Titan bad. Drive a 150 before you buy.

Packer, are you on azs.com also?

Quote Originally Posted by SGTMOE View Post
    Hey Titan man.....The only rumor i have heard is in the rear ends....They didn't put a big enough gears to handle the horse power that they put out...
    Nissan put rear ends that were too small under the Titan. Dana 44. And then it had heat problems (couldn't keep it cool) which eventually ended up fraggin the diff. If you check out the older titans diff cover it should be finned to help cool it down. Not sure about the newer ones.

I, myself, have a crew cab F350. Mileage? I say that if you want a truck, don't worry about the mileage. Yes, I keep track of my mileage, but am not concerned about it. I just like to know what my truck gets with what trailer is behind it. And if the mileage drops without a trailer, it could be an indication of a mechanical problem.

[rant]
    And a personal rant... if you willingly drive a truck, instead of a nice small car with good fuel mileage when you don't really need a truck, don't complain about the cost of fuel, or the mileage you get. You really don't have a right to complain. [/rant]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links