Burned money again - Gander Mountain

Burned money again - Gander Mountain

This is a discussion on Burned money again - Gander Mountain within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I bought myself a Horton HD150 at Gander Mountain this weekend. It shoots quite well as far as I can tell. It's my first compound ...

Thread: Burned money again - Gander Mountain

Wink Burned money again - Gander Mountain

I bought myself a Horton HD150 at Gander Mountain this weekend. It shoots quite well as far as I can tell. It's my first compound crossbow. I've owned and shot compound bows for years, but figured it was about time for a crossbow(with deer season upcoming and all).

I was hitting grapefruit sized targets at 30yrds once I had it zero'd Sunday afternoon. The only problem I'm having is with the weight, but I think I can fix that. It's slightly heavier than I'd like(composite, but heavy). What I was thinking is cutting out the middle section of the shoulder stock, but I don't know what that would do as far as strength/support of the overall stock and how much abuse it would be able to handle after that.
    See where it has that "Explorer" logo...that's the area I want to cut out the midsection. Basically I want to "skeletonize" that area.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I wouldn't cut out the inside completely but a pattern of 1 inch holes sort of a honey comb effect.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Very cool. But it must be a real pain to conceal.....
    CW

Stellar. I had the opportunity to visit my first Gander site just a week ago whilst vacationing. I'm really impressed at their used handgun operation, as they'll FIND you anything you want and work with you to get the price down (as if they're your local gunsmith!).

For the record, our stock is now available on Parker Crossbows!! They put a Remington receiver on their bow, and WHAT A COOL camo job they did on our 6-position collapsible shotgun stock!! ATI is proud to be on this crossbow!

I'm shooting this next week. Details forthcoming!
    Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Links