(Congressman) Hinchey due in court to answer harassment complaint (NRA Related)

This is a discussion on (Congressman) Hinchey due in court to answer harassment complaint (NRA Related) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is about our local representative in congress, a democrat, who is PRO 2A , and had a firearm incident at a fair a few ...

Thread: (Congressman) Hinchey due in court to answer harassment complaint (NRA Related)

This is about our local representative in congress, a democrat, who is PRO 2A, and had a firearm incident at a fair a few weeks ago:

Daily Freeman - Hinchey due in court to answer harassment complaint

ROSENDALE - A September court date has been set for U.S. Rep. Maurice Hinchey to answer a harassment charge.

According to the Rosendale Town Court Clerk's Office, the Hurley Democrat is scheduled to appear in court at 5 p.m. Sept. 9. No other details were contained in the court's computer, including the name of the person filing the complaint, the office said.

Paul Lendvay, 46, of Rosendale, the chairman of the Catskill Regional Friends of the National Rifle Association, had said earlier this month he expected to file a complaint against Hinchey, claiming the congressman smacked him in the head July 19 during the town's street fair.

A Hinchey spokesman has said there is "absolutely no truth or validity to the claim" being made by Lendvay. Neither Hinchey nor a spokesman could be reached Monday.

Lendvay, who also could not be reached Monday, had said that at the time of the alleged incident, he was manning an NRA table at the fair, selling tickets to an NRA banquet and raffle tickets for two firearms.

He said Hinchey approached the table and picked up one of the guns to look at it. Lendvay said he told the congressman to put the rifle down - noting that part of the NRA's agreement with Rosendale police was that no one except the people manning the table would be allowed to touch the weapons - and that when Hinchey "took his sweet time" in obliging, an argument ensued.

During the argument, Lendvay said, Hinchey approached him where he sat and "hit me on the top of my head."

Hinchey's spokesman questioned Lendvay's motives in making the allegation public nearly three weeks after the fact, and speculated Lendvay was trying to plant a negative story in the press prior to the election.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Sounds fishy. Based on the report and my gut feeling, I think the incident happened, but later Mr. Lendvay realized who it was and he would not have filed any charges if he would not have found out about who the attacker was.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Sounds very fishy. Waiting 3 weeks to file charges? Doesn't make sense. I'm betting this will go away.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Administrator
    Yup, goofy alright. Besides who picks up anothers rifle without asking first? Oh yeah... a demonrat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links