Career brainstorming!

This is a discussion on Career brainstorming! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay..sorry for all the weird questions. as I am about to start a new life and a new career I would just like to have ...

Thread: Career brainstorming!

Career brainstorming!

Okay..sorry for all the weird questions.

as I am about to start a new life and a new career I would just like to have an enormous career brainstorming.

I have been doing sales and security desk duty all my life. Now I am stuck between dressing up and finding a job that lets me work in shorts and short sleeve shirt

Don't get me wrong, I like to dress up and feel sexy in new sexy shoes and the hole ten row but i also like to take the quick row with shorts and t-shirts.

So, got any idea what kind of job that can let me do both, or in fact just
    hit me with any job you like just so I can get an idea and input to find a suitable job..

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Ads

Many jobs in Information Technology will allow you to do both. But it takes a special person to work in IT, you are rarely complimented by your end users, but God forbid something actually break!

I have been in IT for 12 years now, 2nd career, and love the field. I get to work on many new things and have designed networks all over the World, and got to go to many of those locations. So it can be a very rewarding career, but there are also many night and weekend calls, especially when working with over seas vendors and end users, etc.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Oh yeah right, let me add the fact that I like money, loads of money so I can buy shoes..

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Many jobs in Information Technology will allow you to do both. But it takes a special person to work in IT, you are rarely complimented by your end users, but God forbid something actually break!

I have been in IT for 12 years now, 2nd career, and love the field. I get to work on many new things and have designed networks all over the World, and got to go to many of those locations. So it can be a very rewarding career, but there are also many night and weekend calls, especially when working with over seas vendors and end users, etc.
    That right there just summed up IT work in my experience quite well!
    ...but the money is good so I can't really complain. Will be starting a new gig for myself in about a week or so. SSDC - Same Stuff Different Company.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

What are your qualifications and work experiences?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What are your qualifications and work experiences?
    Hey now, stop right there... logical and responsible questions have no place here!
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 26th, 2008 at 07:02 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hey, Sixto, I thought you were going to comment on how much you, too, "like to dress up and feel sexy in new sexy shoes . . . "
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Hey, Sixto, I thought you were going to comment on how much you, too, "like to dress up and feel sexy in new sexy shoes . . . "
    As a Cop he does have to wear patent leather (belts and shoes) daily , kidding (don't shoot me).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post

[almost coughed to death on that one - great line!]

Daniella, I would echo the IT comments. If you have the ability to be a consultant, though, in any field, you may find you can do the 'dress up' part as you visit clients, and 'work in your PJs' when you do the work itself at home. Tough feeding yourself as you're starting out, of course.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    As a Cop he does have to wear patent leather (belts and shoes) daily , kidding (don't shoot me).
    Nope, I prefer real leather, but I will wear nylon if things are going to get real dirty.
    "Just blame Sixto"

EMP
    As everyone has mentioned IT is a good place to go if you want money and flexibility in attire. I'd say consultants make the most money but it comes with a price that you're just that a consultant and can be dropped at moments notice depending on how you go about that career.

Lots of large consultancy firms across the US and some offer/expect more travel than others.
    “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” ~ Whitney M. Young, Jr.

since everyone is discussion IT i'd recomend DOIM they seem to need a few new people.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Sent PM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

ok. need a LOT more info about you!
    what have you done in the past
    what kind of education do you have
    what kinda of stuff do you enjoy (not just clothing type, but do you like fixing mechanical things, problem solving, working with people, the list goes on forever)
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Links