Denver is throwing out the rule book. - Page 5

Denver is throwing out the rule book.

This is a discussion on Denver is throwing out the rule book. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any organization with limited resources must necessarily choose its battles. So, I can't fault them if they prefer to deal with other issues. Maybe if ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Denver is throwing out the rule book.

Senior Moderator
    Any organization with limited resources must necessarily choose its battles. So, I can't fault them if they prefer to deal with other issues.

Maybe if they saw some support from a community like this they would take up the cause?
    I dont see it happening. They are too busy championing real causes like making sure the Boy Scouts cant use the school grounds, ensuring that the NAMBLA people can distrbute thier flyers and stuff like that, that real Americans support.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Any organization with limited resources must necessarily choose its battles. So, I can't fault them if they prefer to deal with other issues.
    That strongly implies the ACLU is, in fact, doing this. I believe the history of their lack of comment in the entire area is the strongest suggest that they are anti-2A to a solid degree. I simply can't believe it's due to limited funds. I mean, it doesn't take much cash to craft a policy position and make strong public statements when clear violations are made, even if no legal machine is fired up to go after it in the way the 1A Machine is.

Interesting idea, about the "earmarked" donations. In practice, I am assuming that donations are simply tossed into a big pile, so I don't see it causing much change in the perception of the urgency/interest on the part of the people.

I fear that the ACLU will take up the issue when the house is burning, but by then it'll be far too late.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    IMO, the ACLU is extremely anti-gun.

Witness: ACLU Blog: Because Freedom Can’t Blog Itself: Official Blog of the American Civil Liberties Union Heller Decision and the Second Amendment

They hold that the Second Amendment is a collective right.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    They hold that the Second Amendment is a collective right.
    And in practice, they're silent on clear examples of the trampling of the 2A. That speaks volumes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    What this has to do with the story is a mystery. I guess you're suggesting Eslocker should have shot it out with the deputies.
    That was not my take. My guess is that hotel security is less likely to push people with guns strapped to their hip into on coming traffic than those that don't. At least according to the report security had no inhibition against pushing the reporter onto the road. Truth is I doubt if I would have shed a tear if he had gotten run over
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

So can the hotel security (or Denver PD)--whichever one pushed the reporter into the street...be charged with reckless endangerment or assault? Pushing someone into traffic can't be an authorized tactic...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links