P90X Workout DVDs

P90X Workout DVDs

This is a discussion on P90X Workout DVDs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has lost most of her "baby weight", but is unhappy with the way she looks. In my opinion she still looks good, but ...

P90X Workout DVDs

My wife has lost most of her "baby weight", but is unhappy with the way she looks. In my opinion she still looks good, but she doesn't believe me.

The other day we saw the advertisement for Tony Horton's P90X. He seems to be on the money with the whole "muscle confusion" theory. So we ordered it and are awaiting it's arrival.

Has anyone gone through the 90 day regimin? I've seen the testimonials on TV but I would like to hear from the DC crowd.

My wife is going to have some trouble with the pull ups and push ups, but I'm sure she will see some results.

But I'm in pretty good shape already. I'm 5'10" 170# about 8% body fat. I'm 35 and can still perform close to how I did when I was in my 20's. Will I see a major change in my body? I really don't want to lose weight. Ofcourse, that is not as important as my wife's results. I really got the DVD's for her because she begged me. But she asked if I would do the exercises with her for motivation.

Thoughts?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have not used them but have spoken to some people who have. They work but don't expect the amazing results you saw in the infomercial.

In reality, you can get the same results by doing a serious weight lifting regimen. But the P90X workout does look fun. Give it try and see what you get. You don't have anything to lose.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

When you first try out the DVD's he will take you through a warming up period.

You will want to rest after that. LOL. I need to get back into working with them again. Work keeps getting in the way with overtime and sleep.

I have noticed that my abs are starting to show through and I can do a lot more pushups than I used to do.

Both my wife and I have had terrific results with the P90X program. You get what you want out of it- bulking up, leaning up, cardio focus... all your choice.

If you have the will power to stick with it, it can change your life.

I've been able to drop fat and add muscle while increasing endurance. Has taken 20 years off my body.
    "Nobody gets shot twice, until everybody that should be shot, gets shot once..."

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I'll post again after the 90 days are up.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

IF you can stick with it, p90X works extremely well.

I was doing great until i lost my workout partner. I only lasted a week after that before workouts got lost in my schedule.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Well, I'm almost done with phase II. I have 5 more weeks to go. I went from 170# down to 165#. My abs show a lot more and my legs got stronger. I always worked my legs, but the plyometrics (jump training) is a killer. One hour of jumping all over the place kicks my butt. I'd like to get back to 170# and keep the shredded abs. I do feel pretty good. My energy level is awesome. I was in pretty good shape, but these workouts are pretty intense. Tony Horton is excellent at motivating you and he is in awesome shape. He was 45 when he made the DVDs and you would swear that he was 32.

My wife did the first 30 days and saw some good results. Then she got sick. She started phase II for about 3 days and got sick again. She skipped about 1 1/2 weeks and I have been on her the whole time trying to motivate her. She finally re-started Phase II yesterday, but we are about 3 weeks apart in the program.

It's hard to workout together with my schedule.

I'll post again when the 90 days are up.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Wii FIT

It will challenge you in a fun way.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

It may be too late, but I don't believe anyone should ever pay for any type of workout regimens. That Tony's a smart one, he's just taken a very old (and forgotten) concept and put a nice package and a big X on it. The whole "body building" concept has all but buried what a real work out is. Don't get me started, as I have based half my life on this kind of stuff.

go to crossfit.com - they have a daily workout regimen that is intense. A wrestling buddy of mine introduced it to me, in high school, to supplement our training during the off-seasons. It is quite a workout and I have used it to train during off-seasons all through college - I don't wrestle any more, but crossfit keeps me in shape.

They have a very informative discussion board and everything you ever wanted to know, and more, you can get there - for free.

It'll work as long a person actually sticks to the program. otherwise just another waste. If you get your heart rate up and consume less calories than you take it, your going to loose weight...

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    It'll work as long a person actually sticks to the program. otherwise just another waste. If you get your heart rate up and consume less calories than you take it, your going to loose weight...
    I wasn't trying to lose weight. I basically did it for my wife. I've been working out consistantly my whole life. I've always been in good to excellent physical condition. This program is just a little different than what I usually do. Any type of change will produce results.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Links