First calf of the year.

This is a discussion on First calf of the year. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday was my anniversary, and suffice it to say that i have been married more than half the years i have been alive , and ...

Thread: First calf of the year.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

First calf of the year.

Yesterday was my anniversary, and suffice it to say that i have been married more than half the years i have been alive , and to the same bride . That gave me occasion to think about life and what it has been . Today i found the first calf of the year , both She and momma are doing well ( i know she was not here yesterday lol ) , that gives me occasion to think about life and what it might be . My kids are grown , and i may be getting 3 " step " grandkids to compliment the two natural ones i have . Watching the calf take its first run all knees akimbo to get clear of me , it did remind me that there are things in life we should protect ( momma reinforced this by buggering up a bit to the point i put a hand on her head while the calf left , none of this was low speed lol ) . In the spirit of the " momma cow " be proactive , be a threat to anyone who gets close to your child . Only back off if there clearly is no threat to your kid(s). Oh and this little " anniversary calf" who reminded me of things forgotten well she has a place to live as long as i own grass she can eat .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Must have been nice to see. Any pictures? It's been a long time since I saw a newborn calf.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    No pics yet , the calf is post worthy , and if i can get a pic of the stepdaughter and the calf then its pick worthy . I just posted because DAMM its life , and the way it came it makes me think about things , as she came she allways will , so no matter production , no matter market , as long as i own grass she will graze . Ill never see her without reflecting on my life due to the day she came to be with us . I wont make a pet of her , I wont make her any other lady in the herd , She will just stay with me for her natural span no matter her production .

Ill post calf pics as i can if folks want to see them . ( i will tho host them offsite . )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Congrats on your anniversary.

It's good to reflect on the passage of life. I find myself doing that more and more, when I can carve out a little time to do so.

Sometimes life is just too dang busy. I keep trying to slow it down. Sometimes I lose sometimes I win.

VIP Member
    Congrats on anniversary and the calf. Finding the calf has to be a really nice and exciting moment.

Congrats on the Anniversary! Nice post, nice reminder.

Hey Redneck...I think you're handing us a little 'bull'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just posted because DAMM its life
    Now that right there is awesome! Life is awesome. Enjoy the times.

Links