First calf of the year.

This is a discussion on First calf of the year. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday was my anniversary, and suffice it to say that i have been married more than half the years i have been alive , and ...

Thread: First calf of the year.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

First calf of the year.

Yesterday was my anniversary, and suffice it to say that i have been married more than half the years i have been alive , and to the same bride . That gave me occasion to think about life and what it has been . Today i found the first calf of the year , both She and momma are doing well ( i know she was not here yesterday lol ) , that gives me occasion to think about life and what it might be . My kids are grown , and i may be getting 3 " step " grandkids to compliment the two natural ones i have . Watching the calf take its first run all knees akimbo to get clear of me , it did remind me that there are things in life we should protect ( momma reinforced this by buggering up a bit to the point i put a hand on her head while the calf left , none of this was low speed lol ) . In the spirit of the " momma cow " be proactive , be a threat to anyone who gets close to your child . Only back off if there clearly is no threat to your kid(s). Oh and this little " anniversary calf" who reminded me of things forgotten well she has a place to live as long as i own grass she can eat .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Must have been nice to see. Any pictures? It's been a long time since I saw a newborn calf.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    No pics yet , the calf is post worthy , and if i can get a pic of the stepdaughter and the calf then its pick worthy . I just posted because DAMM its life , and the way it came it makes me think about things , as she came she allways will , so no matter production , no matter market , as long as i own grass she will graze . Ill never see her without reflecting on my life due to the day she came to be with us . I wont make a pet of her , I wont make her any other lady in the herd , She will just stay with me for her natural span no matter her production .

Ill post calf pics as i can if folks want to see them . ( i will tho host them offsite . )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Congrats on your anniversary.

It's good to reflect on the passage of life. I find myself doing that more and more, when I can carve out a little time to do so.

Sometimes life is just too dang busy. I keep trying to slow it down. Sometimes I lose sometimes I win.

VIP Member
    Congrats on anniversary and the calf. Finding the calf has to be a really nice and exciting moment.

Congrats on the Anniversary! Nice post, nice reminder.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Hey Redneck...I think you're handing us a little 'bull'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just posted because DAMM its life
    Now that right there is awesome! Life is awesome. Enjoy the times.

Links