RNC Delegations violently attacked!

This is a discussion on RNC Delegations violently attacked! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two delegations attacked by protesters Bob Shaw - St. Paul Pioneer Press, Tom Webb - St. Paul Pioneer Press Mon Sep 1, 9:24 PM ET ...

Thread: RNC Delegations violently attacked!

Exclamation RNC Delegations violently attacked!

Two delegations attacked by protesters
    Bob Shaw - St. Paul Pioneer Press, Tom Webb - St. Paul Pioneer Press
    Mon Sep 1, 9:24 PM ET
    Protesters harassed two state delegations in St. Paul to attend the Republican National Convention Monday. Someone threw a rock through the window as delegates from Alabama rode their bus to the Xcel Energy Center, where Republican National Convention events took place. And masked protesters confronted and harassed the Connecticut delegation — several of them were spat upon, roughed up and doused with a mixture of water and bleach.

Heath Fahle, director of the Connecticut Republicans, said the incident happened on Kellogg Boulevard about 2 p.m. “It was frightening,” he said.

He said the delegation of more than 100 got off their chartered buses near the Xcel Energy Center. As they walked on the sidewalk, a group of masked protestors chanting anti-war slogans appeared in front of them.

They linked arms, attempting to create a human barricade. As police on horseback arrived, Fahle and other members of the group tried to push through.

Most of them escaped unscathed, but the protesters splattered the last group of delegates with the liquid.

“Two got doused, and several more got sprayed with it,” said Fahle. Former Rep. Rob Simmons was hit on the face with the liquid.

Delegate Rob Simmons was outraged. “We were attacked by a mob,” he said. “We were subjected to violent and anarchist behavior by a bunch of thugs."

Fahle said two people were spat upon: Lila Healy, the mother of Connecticut party chairman Chris Healy; and 83-year-old Fred Biebel.

Beibel was reportedly shoved, and his credentials were torn off. One protester grabbed the purse of the state party finance director, who tussled with the protester to save it.

“They had cameras, backpacks and bandanas covering their faces. They were prepared for pepper spray or whatever,” said Fahle.

According to the St. Paul Joint Information Center, the liquid was shown to be diluted bleach and salt.

About 1 p.m., a rock was thrown through the windshield of a delegate bus carrying Alabama delegates to the Xcel center. It penetrated the windshield, and shattered glass on the bus driver, cutting him and sending glass on several delegates.

One of those showered with glass was retired Alabama Supreme Court Justice Terry Butts.

“They were dressed all in black, black pajamas, kind of a black hat and mask on, except for their eyes — a Ninja look,” Butts said.

He said about 30 protesters swarmed the bus. The area was supposed to be secured, he said, “but this was a breech in security, obviously.”

Police intercepted the protesters, and the protesters swarmed the police. At that point, one of the protesters threw a very large rock, according to Butts.

“I happened to be sitting in the front seat right behind the bus driver, and it literally hit eye level between the bus driver and myself,” he said.

Another Alabama delegate, Randy McKinney, was also on the bus. He attributed the attack to “a couple dozen Ninja-wannabes, and I didn't see any taxpayers in the group.”

Suze Butts, wife of the retired justice, added: “Be sure to point out that we know they weren't from Minnesota. We are just enthralled with Minnesota.”

Bob Shaw and Tom Webb are political writers for The St. Paul Pioneer Press. Politico and the Pioneer Press are sharing content for the 2008 election cycle and during the Republican National Convention.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

These 'protesters' are not protestors, they are cheap thugs...no more. I have always thought that the state's governer (depending upon where) should have a couple thousand troops hidden to quickly surround the entire group and have a mass arrest (after giving an order to disperse, of course).
    One quick, violent arrest...clean the crap out of the street...just like after the horses.

Question: Why do they allow these scumbags to wear masks? Other places have outlawed it!

OMO

Stay armed...don't step in it...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Same ones that were at the DNC and probably at the G8 and every other high profile meeting around the world... ANARCHISTS devoted to political disorder and violence.

“They had cameras, backpacks and bandanas covering their faces. They were prepared for pepper spray or whatever,” said Fahle.

A few well placed JHPs should handle that problem nicely.

That's why I could never make it in politics. There's no way in hell I'd sit there and take this abuse without defending myself.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I agree with retsupt99 .

Also, random stun gun, and tasering of the scum bags would have been nice to see.

Fox News reported that many of them were under 18.

People have the right to demonstrate, to protest, to express support or opposition to a person, party or cause, but there's no right to intimidation and violence. When expression turns to thuggery, the protection stops. By definition, the self-described "anarchists" have no respect for the laws of the land. I, in turn, have no respect or regard for them.

Here's some more info:

Almost 300 people will be formally charged in Ramsey County District Court on Tuesday after they were arrested during protests at the Republican National Convention, a police spokesman said.

Earlier in the day, a group of self-described anarchists threw park benches into streets and smashed windows, police said.

St. Paul police spokesman Thomas Walsh said Monday afternoon that some of those arrested are accused of property damage and conspiracy to riot.

The arrest of the "anarchists" came after almost 5,000 protesters marched peacefully outside the site of the convention. Walsh said they were part of a "splinter group" of the main body of protesters. He said he would not characterize their activity as a protest.

"I think they did a disservice to those that came here to protest," he said.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

The anarchists, being noisiest, most violent and most destructive, got the most press.
    Any message the legitimate protestors had, was lost in the noise and in the media inattention.
    Notice where the cameras pointed? At thugs breaking windows, thugs dragging barricades into the street, thugs fighting with the police for the police officer's bicycle (until thug got hosed with mega sized pepper spray dispenser!)
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    You noticed that there are no anarchists or violent protesters at NRA conventions?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    You noticed that there are no anarchists or violent protesters at NRA conventions?

Yes, but one can still dream...

hahaha

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Let's stop calling these goofballs "protestors" and call them what they are, nothing more than domestic terrorist. What were they protesting? Nothing. What were they doing? Trying to terrorize the delegates to the RNC.

Everyone has the right to peaceably demonstrate. No one has the right to attack other citizens with the intent to do harm.

Fox news sent a reporter out to question those idiots and half of them did not have a clue who was running for what and what they were protesting.
    They were simply Airheads.

VIP Member
    I seem to recall that we were trained with 30-inch-long wooden batons about 1.5-2" thick in the military. I think they were ash or hickory. Perhaps issue them to the delegates? (Not really, I know, but one can hope....)

I saw a report on another forum where these "protesters" allegedly attacked a school bus with cub scouts who were coming to present the colors. I say allegedly because I do not immediately have the link, so I do not know if the source is credible or not.

One way or another, these nitwits are not covering themselves with glory.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Is this the same group that wrote that cookbook a while back?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Is this the same group that wrote that cookbook a while back?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

If this had happened at the Democratic convention it would have been major prime time news.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links