Wisconsin's lookin' mighty good right now...

This is a discussion on Wisconsin's lookin' mighty good right now... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This could get ugly. Last I heard, Ike was packing 145 MPH sustained winds. If you've ever wondered what the lead pin at the bowling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin's lookin' mighty good right now...

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar

Wisconsin's lookin' mighty good right now...

This could get ugly. Last I heard, Ike was packing 145 MPH sustained winds.

If you've ever wondered what the lead pin at the bowling alley feels like, it's sorta like this.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry about this... BUT...

Just bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    Sorry about this... BUT...

Just bring it!
    Beer cooler's stocked. Weather Channel's locked in. Just another week in Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    Beer cooler's stocked. Weather Channel's locked in. Just another week in Paradise.
    Great for YOU...we're further south......but it sure beats DEEP snow...

We will survive...we could shut the front door (as long as we have a front door) and last for a couple of months...good luck to all Floridians.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would have to say that MI would be a much better choice than WI, if you plan on carrying.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Great for YOU...we're further south......but it sure beats DEEP snow...
    That's for sure! I'll take warm, hurricane-force winds over snow, blizzards and "wind-chill" any day.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    That's for sure! I'll take warm, hurricane-force winds over snow, blizzards and "wind-chill" any day.
    What? You don't like frosty eyebrow-cicles? Man I miss florida...but I hated the humidity. Nothing like wearing a suit everyday in 90% humidity...or stepping out the front door on the way to work and feeling like you just took another shower...with your clothes on.

Good luck to all. Stay safe.
    Last edited by packinnova; September 4th, 2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: so I can't spell...gimme a break
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    We will survive...we could shut the front door (as long as we have a front door) and last for a couple of months.
    So long as one of those micro-tornados doesn't rip the roof to shreds, or drop a semi-truck through your living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.

Give me earthquakes, anytime. I'd rather not have a choice but to wait out the 60 seconds. Watching an onrushing "train" across several days isn't my thing. You can have it!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    So long as one of those micro-tornados doesn't rip the roof to shreds, or drop a semi-truck through your living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
    Yep, that, too.

Administrator
    Ya know, I kind of have hurricane envy. Is that sick or twisted? I dont mean to make light of the storms, but man, Gustav just arrived here in Ohio and its just a very light rain. All this talk of wicked storms, I want to see some action!

Again, I know these storms have killed people or taken everything they have... I don't wish that on anyone. I've been through two minor hurricanes while stationed on the east coast. I was young and dumb enough to have no fear, and it was the neatest thing I've ever seen. The fury and power of nature is awesome.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree with you Sixto....I'm just north of you in MI and it's been raining here, but nothing big at all. I've been through a few tropical storms/low level hurricanes...and they are quite amazing. I kind of liken it to us surviving a blizzard up here.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

After being born and raised up north in snow country I can't imagine not living with snow. I lived in Florida for a year and hated it. I loved the state just not the weather. I could live with the heat and humidity, but they don't have a fall, winter, and spring. One day the leaves just fell off the trees - didn't change color or anything - there one day and gone the next. It would get a little cool in the evenings and mornings then warm up to 50 during the day. Personally, I like seeing the leaves change color, I like a good heavy snow fall with everything covered in white with big snowflakes slowly falling to the ground, and I like spring when everything comes back to life and there is green everywhere you look. I think that more than makes up for the negative sides of it.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The fury and power of nature is awesome.
    Myself, I spent a cold, wet and very dangerous night on an exposed ridge upon Mt. San Gorgonio, in California, during a bad thunderstorm that decided to park itself right at the mountain. Couldn't climb up, or down. Simply had to hunker down amongst some low boulders and hope the trees and the ridge took the brunt. Ah, me. There's nothing like dozens of bolts of lightning every minute and gusting, 100mph winds to grab your attention. Can't imagine 150+mph, as with a hurricane (or, worse, a tornado).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ya know, I kind of have hurricane envy. Is that sick or twisted? I dont mean to make light of the storms, but man, Gustav just arrived here in Ohio and its just a very light rain. All this talk of wicked storms, I want to see some action!

The fury and power of nature is awesome.

LOL......I know what you mean. I love storms!

The problem is though, they bust up your stuff and can get really expensive and inconvenient in a hurry after all the fun is over!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

You know size isn't everything Just because you have small storms try not to feel inadequate I'm sure there are other redeeming qualities.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links