It's good to be back in the gun store sometimes..

This is a discussion on It's good to be back in the gun store sometimes.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Cupcake Do you have a just little Marine in there, or a little Marine with a ruck and full combat load? If ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It's good to be back in the gun store sometimes..

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Do you have a just little Marine in there, or a little Marine with a ruck and full combat load?
    If only you could see all of his Marine Corps stuff!

He has two digital camo beanie hats (one desert, one woodland). He has a pair of overalls with an EGA on the front of them.

I want to make him a Marine Corps blanket. He's already being indoctrinated...lol

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Hey lima...just think of how "feather light" a full-size-full-weight 1911 is going to feel...after you shed those extra pounds that you have been lugging around.
    You're not kidding. By my last count I have put on 17 pounds and he hasn't even hit his final growth spurt yet.

What's a 3# gun after all that?

As much as I love knowing that I'm carrying our wonderful son, I'm VERY ready to be over with all of this..lol.

I want my old body back and I want to stop being kicked, punched, kneed, head-butted in the stomach, back, lungs, ribs.... Yeah.. I'm ready for this little guy to be born.

Here is his teddy bear wearing one of his beanies...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    OMG!!! Are those REAL diapers in the picture? I didn't think anyone even sold them anymore. The diaper pail with bleach water was always such a joy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Just an update, the due date according to the Docs is Nov 18th, and Lump actually has a name now, although I'm sure "Lump" will stick for years as a nick name, we've decided on Garrett Matthew as first and middle.

JD. Being a Marine, I know I don't need to remind you about backup plans. But what if it actually turns out to be a girl. I know the ultrasound said boy, but stranger things have happened.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OMG!!! Are those REAL diapers in the picture? I didn't think anyone even sold them anymore. The diaper pail with bleach water was always such a joy.
    Yep.. we're giving old school the good college try. If it doesn't work out.. oh well.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    JD. Being a Marine, I know I don't need to remind you about backup plans. But what if it actually turns out to be a girl. I know the ultrasound said boy, but stranger things have happened.
    We'll improvise, adapt and overcome!

OOH-RAH!

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    But what if it actually turns out to be a girl.
    I don't know if they sell pink BDU's with "rabbit" feet in the kiddie korner. Do they??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Congrats, guys!
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Just an update, the due date according to the Docs is Nov 18th, and Lump actually has a name now, although I'm sure "Lump" will stick for years as a nick name, we've decided on Garrett Matthew as first and middle.

I thought for sure it would be John Moses.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    No baby talk. No cooing. No cutesy chatter about nurseries, clothes and whether or not your should let your child have a pacifier. Just guns!
    It's slightly off subject, but as a long-time student of human communication, may I suggest avoiding non-standard "speech" such as baby talk around your child. Children learn from the beginning; teach correctly from the beginning and incorrect patterns are never learned. Talking to your child will make him smarter.

'Tis just my thought and suggestion. May G-d make him like Ephraim and Menashe (Gen 48:20).
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I don't know if they sell pink BDU's with "rabbit" feet in the kiddie korner. Do they??
    Yes.......they do

worse yet, my wife thinks they're "SOoo CUTE!"
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I would guessed the babys name who have been Smith Wesson. My 1 year old middle name is "HITCH" I figured HITCH KING.COM would have been to long.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Yep.. we're giving old school the good college try. If it doesn't work out.. oh well.
    Those are the same that we use, we used dispoable for the first three months (you'll see why) and now use cloth and only use disposable at night (again you'll see why).
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Garrett Matthew sounds like a great name for the little one. We'll be very interested to see a picture or two (or more) when the baby is born. The wife and I were wondering how you're doing. Good to hear you can sit down while you work.

Speaking of names, some friends were thinking of "Browning" as the name for their soon-to-be-born son. But the husband's mother spoiled that when she said that Browning sounded like something in a baby's diaper.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Lima, you genuinely don't look seven months!
    My poor Mama looked like an olive on a toothpick.
    Talking "regular talk" to your baby instead of "baby talk" will indeed enhance his native intelligence. Reading to a child is also proven to improve intelligence; it also fosters a love of learning, and I bless my dear (and still skinny) Mama for reading to us, and fostering that love of reading and of good books.
    My grandson is a Marine. No better thing to be!
    Do you realize how many proud uncles you'll have come November, all of us hoisting a glass of something good, and probably a good percentage enjoying a fine Cuban in your (and Garrett's) honor? (Not to mention the proud aunts, who will probably offer more intelligent suggestions on child care than I!)
    Carry on!
    marcclarke likes this.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

JD
    Administrator

I've all ready read "Treasure Island" to the kid, Ivanhoe is next on the list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links