Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link - Page 2

Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

This is a discussion on Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Kerbouchard Redneck, gowawayfarm, I appreciate your input, but I am not asking for a sub-forum here. I am wondering if a group ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Redneck, gowawayfarm, I appreciate your input, but I am not asking for a sub-forum here. I am wondering if a group of our members could decide on a separate forum to visit to exchange ideas on topics outside of the 2A.

I'm starting to think that Sixto might be right and that it needs to be a new, 'invite only' forum, although C9H13NO3 may have a lead on a forum that is already established that may be a perfect fit.
    I took it that Six was more or less advocating a sub forum here so i posted to that issue as well with my thoughts on the benefit/cost to the board as a whole .
    I would also certainly be interested in an invite to the mentioned politics board tho i doubt i would be a contributing member so really not much point for the benefit of the board other than padding member numbers . I would read a lot , say little and bitterly cling to my opinions LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I would also certainly be interested in an invite to the mentioned politics board tho i doubt i would be a contributing member so really not much point for the benefit of the board other than padding member numbers . I would read a lot , say little and bitterly cling to my opinions LOL .
    I would be in about the same boat. Just like here at DC I'd read a whole lot more than I'd post.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Administrator
    I took it that Six was more or less advocating a sub forum...
    Sort of... but more so just tossing out an idea.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would read a lot ,say little, and bitterly cling to my opinions LOL .
    That's good stuff right there.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I think we should look into starting a blog on blogger.com. It can be for our DC members that are interested, and maybe someone could volunteer to moderate.

Any takers?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Kerbouchard, check your PMs.

Everyone else interested, I'll post up or PM a link if the admin is down with more people. I'm sure he will be.
    I'd be interested in the forum invitation. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

C9H13NO3, thanks for the link. If the admin is up for a little growth, it looks like it may be exactly what I was looking for.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

I am the Admin in question for the Debate Forum. Anyone who is interested in stopping by, or wants to ask me some questions first, just ask.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I think Kerb and Sixto are on the right track. We need someplace low-key by invite only. One of the reasons that I like this board so much is that a person with one post can be heard on equal footing with someone who has 5,000+ posts. It really is a case of 'Intelligent until proven otherwise.' I think a hidden forum on here (despite it being against policy and Bumper's personal blood pressure) would only lead to post poadding.

But I digress. There are quite a few topics I would like to hear outside opinion on from you all but I know it will never happen here so I have generally kept it out of my posts. Reading between the lines with some of my posts may have hinted at it before.

Ashrak, PM inbound.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

The way I have it set up, one of the two Admins will validate each member. Reason being most of us were members on a certain "No Politics" forum, and we didn't want certain people getting wind of my little project and and following us.

To streamline this process here is the public link:

Board Message

Any questions feel free to ask. Like I said, the Validation process will take a few minutes but it isn't that big a hurdle.

I have to go AFK, so anyone else who is interested by all means stop in for quick (or not so quick) hello. Hope to see you there!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Here's the link to the debate forum if any of you are interested. If you have problems logging in or accessing anything, PM me the name you registered under and I'll let the admin know.

Board Message

Nevermind...guess ashrak is now a member here...lol
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Ashrak, thanks for making your forum available to us.

For those that expressed interest, it is a new forum(been around about 10 days) with a current member base in the 30's with several of those from DC.

So far, it looks like this is exactly what I/we were looking for. As far as the 'validation process', its the same as a lot of other forums, you don't become a member instantly, but have to check your e-mail after a few minutes for the link.

Hope to see you guys over there.

Thanks to C9 for pointing us in the right direction.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Here's the link to the debate forum if any of you are interested. If you have problems logging in or accessing anything, PM me the name you registered under and I'll let the admin know.

Board Message

Nevermind...guess ashrak is now a member here...lol
    Kerb gave me the link, so I made an account.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    My preference would be to have a political forum on DC. I don't have the time to read all of the forums that I.m on now, and basically stick to this one. I respect Bumper's decision not to allow political threads in DC. and I've frequently had to hold myself back from making my comments more political. Perhaps, if he were to find some people who would be willing to act as moderators, he would consider adding one, even if only a temporary board, to get past the elections, Of course, it would be a big job even with a temporary job, and i know that I am too busy to take something like that on. So, it most likely will never occur, just a wish.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I would love to participate in the auxiliary forum but, unfortunately, I was unable to get through the registration form because the site does not support my web browser.

I have no idea if that would be the only limitation my browser would have. It sometimes has a problem with forms.

Have fun, guys! I know I would have stirred the pot a bit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links