Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

This is a discussion on Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Really? That's odd. What web browser do you use?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

Really? That's odd. What web browser do you use?

2. Remove Ads

Would love to see a spot here for it as this is the only forum I have seen that I would participate in. All others have at the very least very offensive language and off the wall discussions.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Moderator
    I'm game, point me to it.

I used to moderate on a political forum, it was alot of fun until it got to be work.

Controversy is a good thing. It forces one to think. If you can think that is...

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Hotguns, the link is in Post #25. SD, you can do better than that. Try, try, try again. I've been waiting for this chance, with you, for a long time.

As far as the forum, it seems very well behaved with some excellent posting. It helps that it has a limited membership base of which DC members are a growing proportion of.

There are some young members who are, well, inexperienced, but the silly posts are in the off topic area. The rest of the forum is grouped under different subjects, everything from ethics to politics.

In any case, it is a very new forum and the members here can help shape it. I look forward to seeing you guys over there, as I am truly impressed with the courtesy and intelligence that many of the topics are discussed.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

SelfDefense has an account, but apparently can't post. I am still working with him on it.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Ashrak, that's a really good forum! Simple and straightforward and some of those topics are good! The 'alternative viewpoints' of some members are pretty fresh and fun to read.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    One problem with a sub-forum here is that while the political discussion could be kept there - the strong ill feelings toward other members who strongly disagree with one another probably could not be kept or contained in the sub-forum and would likely carry over into the main forum.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    One problem with a sub-forum here is that while the political discussion could be kept there - the strong ill feelings toward other members who strongly disagree with one another probably could not be kept or contained in the sub-forum and would likely carry over into the main forum.
    Qk, so far we have had some spirited, but respectful, debates on the alternate forum, and I know I have already learned some things and learned to see things from a different point of view.

I do not believe it will impact DC whatsoever. Because it is a private forum, the vast majority of the membership at DC probably won't even know which members are participating in it.

Thanks again to Bumper and the Mods for letting us have this chance and for acquiring such a great membership base that we would even want to bounce ideas off each other.

Regards,
    Kerb
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    I just signed up, so prepare for bloody knuckles!

...But how do I find "our" forum?
    "Just blame Sixto"

DC Founder
    Hey, I think having the discussions, as a group, on another forum is great. It allows everyone to indulge their political discussions without causing the problems I want to avoid here. I may come for a visit myself.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I registered. I'll check it out. I don't consider myself up-to-par on politics, but I often look beyond what the issues are for myself, and am truly concerned about our country as a whole.

So far, I like the forum. The only problem I can see me having, is debating politics and other current events with some of the members who aren't even old enough to vote.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

deadeye, I do understand that concern, and it is one I have myself. So far they seem to be well mannered and it may be refreshing to see what the younger generation is thinking and perhaps influence their views.

If it becomes a problem, at least we know of a place that hosts free forums, so we'll just make a new one.

Who is John Galt?

It varies depending on the young person. MaDuce is only 15, but is definetly one of the smarter young people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrak View Post
    It varies depending on the young person. MaDuce is only 15, but is definetly one of the smarter young people I know.
    Not questioning anyones intelligence, just debating topics with someone with no life experience can get annoying. I can deal with it though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links