Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

This is a discussion on Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Bumper Hey, I think having the discussions, as a group, on another forum is great. It allows everyone to indulge their political ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Political Topics/Alternate Forum? Updated with link

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Hey, I think having the discussions, as a group, on another forum is great. It allows everyone to indulge their political discussions without causing the problems I want to avoid here.
    If the problems you suggest are those of QKShooter

One problem with a sub-forum here is that while the political discussion could be kept there - the strong ill feelings toward other members who strongly disagree with one another probably could not be kept or contained in the sub-forum and would likely carry over into the main forum.
    then having another forum will not mitigate those potential problems. We will all come back here since this is the best forum on the internet.

Further, you suggested that you did not want to know other's political views because it would bias your opinion of posters here. You also welcomed the opportunity to participate and hinted you would join us. Of course, I want to hear your views (and you want to hear mine ) but I don't think you will be able to separate the posters (we all have the same usernames) from the forums.

I support a moderated political subforum here on DefensiveCarry.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Seems to be really working out. That's great.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Seems to be really working out. That's great.
    It really does seem to be working out pretty well. I know there are a few more of you out there...Come on over, the water's fine.

Thanks again to Bumper for letting this thread stay open.

Regards,
    Kerb
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Further, you suggested that you did not want to know other's political views because it would bias your opinion of posters here. You also welcomed the opportunity to participate and hinted you would join us. Of course, I want to hear your views (and you want to hear mine ) but I don't think you will be able to separate the posters (we all have the same usernames) from the forums.

I support a moderated political subforum here on DefensiveCarry.
    You're right that I don't want to know our member's politics, but to be honest, I should have added "when they are going to vote for the other guy" to that statement. The difference is, if it's posted here I will constantly be encountering it. Over there, if I get really jazzed up I can leave, come back here without the constant reminder and elevation of my pissedoffedness....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    You're right that I don't want to know our member's politics, but to be honest, I should have added "when they are going to vote for the other guy" to that statement. The difference is, if it's posted here I will constantly be encountering it. Over there, if I get really jazzed up I can leave, come back here without the constant reminder and elevation of my pissedoffedness....

Very true. It's very nice to be able to come back home when you get tired of roaming.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Moderator
    if I get really jazzed up I can leave, come back here without the constant reminder and elevation of my pissedoffedness....
    interesting use of words...can I use them?

They ought to be in Wikepedia.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I registered over there (different user name), and spent some time looking around. I even managed a post or two, but I just didn't feel as much at home there as I do here.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bumper, thanks for letting this run its course.
    Kerbourchard, i too, have the need to talk about my politics. I will be travelling to this forum.
    All others, Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I registered over there (different user name), and spent some time looking around. I even managed a post or two, but I just didn't feel as much at home there as I do here.
    I don't feel quite as at home over there, either, but as more and more of you guys are joining, its beginning to feel a little more like home.

Even the welcome threads are starting to look like ours..
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

At the rate we are going, we will take over shortly.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links