Weight Loss Thread - Page 4

Weight Loss Thread

This is a discussion on Weight Loss Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE I have a suggestion.. I know a lot of you here are on some type of diet etc. What do you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weight Loss Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    I have a suggestion..

I know a lot of you here are on some type of diet etc.

What do you folks say that if we start our own BIGGEST LOOSER program here on DEFENSIVE CARRY?

How about starting on OCT 1st, and ending it on Dec 31st, at the end of each week those of us that are participating check in with and put how much we weigh at that time.

I think starting it in Oct will give us enough time to get prepared mentally and it's going to help us butterballs excited and accountable every week.

If you guys are for it, then we can start a thread called BIGGEST LOOSER..
    NO FAIR! You wait until a year after I have already stopped losing weight and am not fully into gaining it in the form of muscle?!? Man! This is a rip off!...................... just kidding.

Go for it guys. After doing it myself, I am as excited for others who decide to lose weight and get in shape! I will be cheering from the sidelines!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    NO FAIR! You wait until a year after I have already stopped losing weight and am not fully into gaining it in the form of muscle?!? Man! This is a rip off!...................... just kidding.

Go for it guys. After doing it myself, I am as excited for others who decide to lose weight and get in shape! I will be cheering from the sidelines!
    It's because of you folks, making us step up to the plate and do something about us butterballs in the forum..

We got to get some of this jelly belly off and avoid health issues the older we get.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

Hey, you've got a week and a half to binge if you wanna play...

Yeah, I hear you though. even though I've got a long way tog o still, I'm already past the initial 5-10lbs that comes off in that first week or so. Thats OK, I'm on a steady pace. Can't wait to see you in that cheerleader outfit...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Proper sized meals, no junk food or other snacking during the day.
    Jello with fruit snack at night.
    Give up drinking if you do.
    Stay active--run, walk, or bike.
    4 months 40 lbs.

TRICKORMATE,

I'm in for the contest. At age 46, 6ft3in and 345lbs, it's past time. When I was younger as probably most of you I had no problem staying thin, then the 30's rolled in and that all changed. Until my mid twenties I had a 36in waist at about 225lbs, but I was solid muscle. The hardest part will be getting off the couch and working out again, I used to love handball but my knees won't take that now. I have seen some great advise from some of you here and maybe with some encouragement form each other we can trim the fat so to speak.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    TRICKORMATE,

I'm in for the contest. At age 46, 6ft3in and 345lbs, it's past time. When I was younger as probably most of you I had no problem staying thin, then the 30's rolled in and that all changed. Until my mid twenties I had a 36in waist at about 225lbs, but I was solid muscle. The hardest part will be getting off the couch and working out again, I used to love handball but my knees won't take that now. I have seen some great advise from some of you here and maybe with some encouragement form each other we can trim the fat so to speak.
    Rottkeeper,

your right! we will be encouraging each other on our endeavor to lose the jelly belly..

Today our church had a fun fair for the community, I ate Nachos, Bar B Que Sandwich, 5 Mt Dew's, chips, gum

My family and I had a blast, oh ya I forgot I ate half of my daughters hot dog.
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

TRICKORMATE, I don't know why but after reading your post I am very hungry.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    TRICKORMATE, I don't know why but after reading your post I am very hungry.
    rottkeeper,

After I read my post I got hungry again.. I'm going to go get me a sandwich..
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Just got back off a 25 mile bike ride today. Had a blast and I was by myself. The peace and quiet of riding a bicycle in the country just can not be beat. And I feel great right now.

Just started the charcoal and will be putting some boneless chicken breasts on in about 20 minutes. Eating healthy does not have to be bland.

Actually, that is another good idea for this contest. Does anyone have any good healthy recipes? I'll start:

Take several boneless chicken breasts and put them in a casserole dish. Cover them with sliced bell pepper (we like green, yellow and red) broccoli and baby carrots, a little onion and some cauliflower, cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for about 90 minutes. It is great! Sometimes we add mushrooms or water chestnuts. You can add anything to it you want, this is a pretty simple dish. But it sure is good.

So, anyone else have any good ones?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Here's one my family likes:

Big can of cream of chicken soup into casserole dish. Optionally add 1/4-1/2 can of milk and mix it good. Throw in veggies of your choice (we like broccoli or Asparagus) and boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes or strips (season the chicken, if you like) . Smaller will cook faster. Make sure everything is covered with the soup. Cook on 400 until chicken is done, about 50 minutes, I think.

Can be done quicker if you george foreman or otherwise grill the chicken first, then just bake until the soup is hot. The chicken won't usually be as tender, but 1/2 of my family prefers the flavor of the grilled chicken.

Either way, you can serve it on rice.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I'm in. 5'10 and 250. Got outta the military 2 yrs ago at 205 and coulda bounced a nickle off my stomach, now not so much. My wifes a good cook, what can I say.
    God Bless America!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links