Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45"

This is a discussion on Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In answer to a previous responder hanging if not done right can be very gruesome and messy. That's all I can say about that and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45"

In answer to a previous responder hanging if not done right can be very gruesome and messy. That's all I can say about that and not be graphic. I do however believe the individual should be executed.

2. Remove Ads

on death row way to long

eye for an eye, first he should be beaten half to death and then as
    duckalmighty said, keep poking til you draw blood. 22 yrs. on death
    row, what where they waiting for.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Well if he is worried that they can't find the vein, use ten needles all at once in his heart witrh 10 times the dosage. No problem/ But if he really wants to be shot, I'm game.

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

Makes me proud to be an Ohioan. I just wish it hadn't taken 22 years.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Summit County Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh said the family was disappointed that Cooey was vulgar and hateful at the end.
    what did they expect? a reformed killer? people have no idea how rare rehabilitation really is. most criminals only gain new skills and connections in prison further seperating them from the world of citizens.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

I guess they didn't have any trouble finding a vein after all
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I figured that if venous access was really going to be a problem, the doc could just put a central line in the femoral vein- that would give them an express lane for the drugs. But I'm glad that it wasn't needed, and also glad that the courts didn't buy into that garbage. Congratulations to Ohio for taking out the trash.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Anyone else find it ironic and pathetic that this POS lived longer ON DEATH ROW than his victims did AT ALL?

Anyone else find it ironic and pathetic that this POS lived longer ON DEATH ROW than his victims did AT ALL?
    Not only yes, but hell yes. I even remarked to a friend that this mutt had been on death row longer than his victims had been on the earth. Too bad they just couldn't take him out right after the verdict, and put a .22lr hollow point right behind his ear. Sure would have saved the taxpayers of Ohio a lot of money. About $50K/year for every year he was in jail.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I don't think people should be tortured or anything before being executed...

But I am pretty sure raping women, choking them, and carving X's into their chests it NOT HUMANE.

Why do we coddle these convicted, gone through the court appeals and still guilty people? WHY? So, his veins are hard to reach? Figure out another way and stop wasting our taxpayer money holding this guy in prison and FEEDING him enough to gain 70lbs.

If he wasn't trying to 'evade death' or whatever he says, why doesn't he stop the appeals and let them try to kill him already?

Overweight killer is executed - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com

CINCINNATI - Ohio executed a 5-foot-7, 267-pound double murderer who argued his obesity made death by lethal injection inhumane.

Richard Cooey, 41, died at 10:28 a.m. Tuesday at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, said Jim Gravelle, a spokesman with state attorney general's office.

There were no immediate reports of difficulties finding suitable veins to deliver the deadly chemicals, a problem that has delayed previous executions in the state.
    One less problem to worry about.

Are they looking for volunteers?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

So this guy was whining that no one listened to him while he was in prison. Just how much did he listen to his two victims before he killed them?

The state of Ohio has just gained some stature in my eyes. Too bad it took so long, but at least they got the job done.

I prefer the Russian method. Once a person is sentenced to death they are put in basically solitarie confinement on death row to await their appeals. Once all appeals are exhausted the order is sent to the jailer. Once the jailer receives the order he goes to the cell, takes the prisoner out and marches him to the execution room. There he is read the notice from the court and a bullet is put into the back of his head. Then the family is notified to come get the body.

While on death row the only visitors are his lawyer and he has no idea when the final day will be, just like his victims. He also get to sit and think about what he has done. There are no candlelight vigils, media coverage or protesters. The media isn't even notified unless the family does it on the way to pick up the body. No martyrs, heros, book deals, publicity stunts or crying babies. Just the criminal is removed from society.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links