Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45"

This is a discussion on Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I like the Russian method. To the point and effective. I am also a believer in Eye for an Eye though. I don't disagree with ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Death Row Inmate: "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45"

I like the Russian method. To the point and effective.

I am also a believer in Eye for an Eye though. I don't disagree with people when they say that we are stooping to the same level as the criminal if we perform the same acts that he used to cause the death of his victim, but he acted against an innocent person. We would have a legitimate reason to perform such acts. I know there's a lot of loopholes and scenarios in that statement but it's what I believe.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Russia currently doesn't perform capital punishment and hasn't in over twelve years.

Oops.

Additionally, capital punishment carried out without witnesses from the public is an excellent way to circumvent the Constitution.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Russia currently doesn't perform capital punishment and hasn't in over twelve years.

Oops.

Additionally, capital punishment carried out without witnesses from the public is an excellent way to circumvent the Constitution.
    Legally they may not. This meyhod was used only in certain places and I don't think was the standard but I still like it.

I have heard before about the public witness but haven't found it in the constitution. However I would like to know where that requirement is so that I can use it next time someone starts discussing the pros and cons. I hate the term Capital Punishment as I don;t think it should be used as a form of punishment but rather just as a method to keep certain scum from using up the air from decent people. That is until Krypton can share their Phantom Zone technology with us.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I have heard before about the public witness but haven't found it in the constitution. However I would like to know where that requirement is so that I can use it next time someone starts discussing the pros and cons.
    I didn't say that a requirement for witnesses is int he Constitution. I said that if we don't have witnesses, we are setting ourselves up for violations of the Constitution. The Constitution is set up for checks and balances; while witnesses are not specifically listed, witnesses are checks and balances.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I hate the term Capital Punishment as I don;t think it should be used as a form of punishment but rather just as a method to keep certain scum from using up the air from decent people.
    So you hate what this method is called? How about death penalty? Is that a problem? Because punishment and penalty have the same meaning. Would Judicial killing would be a better term?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Whenever someone uses the term punishment I think of revenge. As I said I am not in favor of using executions as a form or punishment/revenge. That is not to say I am against executions as it stands right now. However if a criminal cannot be separated from society completely then there is no other choice. Take the criminal that from his jail cell continues to be able to carry out his crimes of death through his minions. The blind shiek comes to mind or the godfather. Perhaps it is the rapist/murderer that continues to find a way to send mail to the victims families reminding them of the crime or threatening to have his brother carry out another execution. A charles manson type who still has control of his followers.

Then there is always the possibility of either escape or parole. Pee Wee Gaskins killed a man while on death row which just added to his already 30+ murders. We cannot guarantee that these types do not still create a danger to society. Find a way to remove them from society. Turn Manhattan into a maximum security center, send them to a desert island or the space station. Put them in the phantom zone but remove them from society. But killing them for vengence is not something I agree with.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links