I Knew This Was Coming

This is a discussion on I Knew This Was Coming within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; bad knives in England, running around stabbing people, im sorry but England really has problems... BBC NEWS | UK | 'Save lives, stop the knives'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Knew This Was Coming

I Knew This Was Coming

bad knives in England, running around stabbing people, im sorry but England really has problems...

BBC NEWS | UK | 'Save lives, stop the knives'
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Same BS rhetoric different continent

You know I have family ties to some rough area's of europe and its always a fun conversation when it comes to my choice options of defense. I always like this line its almost as good as granny saying johhny was a good kid.

"They say they are carrying them for protection, but if no-one carried them, they wouldn't need them."

When will people realize that laws don't stop criminals they just hinder the rest of us.

As a side note at the end of my trip I left my benchmade with a cousin who was absolutly in awe that it was perfectly legal to buy in the US. I could live in europe but i love this country.

Satire can also be used as a weapon...

Dead people are next (scroll down)
    Top 10 Badass Ancient Weapons - The List Universe

If the Brady Bunch really believed their own B.S., they would all move to England...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i wish they would all stop by,kenpo Tex house to ask for a signature for their document...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

The problem isn't the weapons or lack thereof, but the Government won't let people defend themselves. If they do they get prosecuted for assault on the criminal. Sometimes they get more time then the attacker. I think the British Goverment wants a country of cowards. I am surprised More people don't try to come to this country.

When Britain had an island on the other side of the world, for criminals, it had a solution. They need to find another island, for the purpose, one without Carnival Cruise and British Airways ... then rent the cajones use it. Otherwise, without any other viable answer to crime and criminals except to place bans on upstanding citizens, the flusher will keep swishing faster.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 21st, 2008 at 12:48 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! do these people blame the stove for burned dinner? I'm in NO way laughing at the crimes or the victims, just the "solution"???.... hahahahaha sorry can't stop myself.
    no such thing as "knock down power"......
    only "knock down accuracy"!!
    lawyers are the only ones counting the misses ACCURACY FIRST!!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Stop the rats, ban the bats.
    Send 'em to the slammer if they own a hammer.

I think I'm getting the hang of it.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I think Its funny that there is an ENTIRE COUNTRY that PROVES banning guns won't stop violence.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    I think Its funny that there is an ENTIRE COUNTRY that PROVES banning guns won't stop violence.
    im not sure if its funny or horribly pathetic.

― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Oh just wait. They'll ban knives. Then you'll see marches against 'Illegal Knife Crime' and people calling for the banning of blunt objects. New Labour won't be happy until people cant carry their hands or feet outside without a license.

This from the country that just adopted Sharia Law for civil and some criminal case.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

One possible role model for young men is Olympic boxing gold medallist James Degalle, who attended to offer his support.

He said one of his friends was stabbed seven years ago. "It's got to stop. I call people who carry knives cowards. I could have gone that way. But how about being a man in the boxing ring instead?"
    I wonder how cowardly he feels all those men and women in uniform are for carrying knives, guns, grenades, etc... to keep him safe at home at night so he can "be a man in a boxing ring"?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

One possible role model for young men is Olympic boxing gold medallist James Degalle, who attended to offer his support.

He said one of his friends was stabbed seven years ago. "It's got to stop. I call people who carry knives cowards. I could have gone that way. But how about being a man in the boxing ring instead?"
    whatabout people that need extra protection because they are not as big or talanted as you James, how many women boxers do you know James?.....what a goof.

― Thomas Paine

I have been reading about this situation in the UK for years. I Think if we can show our countrymen, to their satisfaction, the situation in the UK, then gun control would be far less of an issue today. The part of the blogsphere I hang out in (Kim Du Toit, Rachel Lucas, Cold Fury etc.) frequently link to simmilar stories. Most of America does not hear about this because of the media gatekeepers biasedly not reporting this.-Jay
    "The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links