What famous people have you met?

This is a discussion on What famous people have you met? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bunch of the GB Packers; Favre, Reggie White, Holmgren, Starr, Sharpe (he's an ass), Levens. My wife's friend is dating Antonio Freeman's brother. Cool guys ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What famous people have you met?

Bunch of the GB Packers; Favre, Reggie White, Holmgren, Starr, Sharpe (he's an ass), Levens. My wife's friend is dating Antonio Freeman's brother. Cool guys to hang out with.

The Nuge

Tom Selleck

Wayne LaPierra (VP of the NRA)
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

my grandpa works in the film industry so quite a few actually as ive been on set with him, scarlett johanson, kristin scott thomas, robert redford, kurt russell, sylvester stallone, danny glover, matt damon had thanksgiving with us at the family cabin right as he was becoming big. also im constantly in the airport for work and meet quite a few that way, matt hughes the ufc fighter(hes actually really little!) charlize theron, flava flav, 50 cent are the ones that ive talked to....

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I took Olivia de Haviland to her hotel once in my old Datsun Pickup truck I had been working on all afternoon - I was just out of high school and helping organize parking for a memorial service for her mother. After a planning meeting, she needed a ride.

She played Melanie in Gone With The Wind, the kindest and warmest person you could hope to meet... and she's like that in real life, too, even to a nobody.

Funniest part, though, was that she was a bit under the weather that day and earlier during a part of the meeting I wasn't involved in I had been sent out to get her some Vaporub. She forgot it when I dropped her off, and as I was driving away I realized it was still in the truck. So I waltzed into the lobby and asked the clerk which room Olivia de Haviland was staying in. On receiving a rather cold reception I added, "Um... she left her Vaporub in my truck..." Figuring no college kid could have possibly come up with that one, he retreated to a phone and called her. With a rather odd look, he returned and told me where she was. I scored a motherly pat on the cheek, and I remember it fondly a third of a century later.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I've met Frank Gifford, Charlton Heston, and Dan Quale. All at C-Pac back in the 90's

"[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    A couple of Miss Americas (Very long and quite separate stories).

Concluded that fame was a combination of talent, luck and drive.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

People I've met - Bill Dance,(who tried to steal my wife in jest) Earnest Tubb, Jerry Clower.
    People I've actually had fairly lengthy conversations with - Col. Oliver North, Col. Craig Boddington, Marine Corps Commandant General Al Grey.
    People I've actually partied with - Hank Williams III, Marshal Tucker Band (twice)

Greatest celebrity I ever met - Tom Knapp (of course)

I hae had business and social meetings with a lot of state level elected officials in FL, and a couple here in KS.The one I have spoken with at the most length is Vernon Peoples who served in the Florida House of Representatives from 1982-1996.
    I had a conversation last week with the husband of a U.S. Congresswoman. He is a former Marine, so we kinda hit it off for a couple of minutes.

Gov. Jeb Bush should be on the list, but I was not at work the day he visited the law firm where I was employed. (darn the bad luck).

I also guided a quail hunt for one of the owners of the Denver Broncos,(can't remeber his name) and Johnny Depp's dad on a pheasant shoot.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Mostly musicians:
    Waylon Jennings who graciously allowed a bright eyed kid in his studio where I got to learn what really goes on in a recording session. Willy Nelson who was gracious enough to laugh his butt off after I accidentally bumped into him ';cause I was not looking where I was going.
    The whole Kansas band... great and humble people.
    George Jones... I must say I did not like him much.
    Queen in an impromptu get together with hundreds of fan in the middle of a highway in South America where all of us were stuck due to an accident. They took questions from everybody sitting atop of their limo. Tons of film were exposed and they all did it graciously.

And I will always remember with amazement Minnie Pearl. Smart woman, mind like a steel trap, fantastic business woman and kind as kind can be.

Fred Thompson when he was running first for the Senate at the Nashville Fairgrounds during a gun show. I had seen him in movies and TV but he is quite magnetic in real life. He exudes trust. Saw him again at the Pancake Pantry in Nashville over a decade later just having breakfast like any other Joe and still the same man.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

1943 - 2009
    VP George H.W. Bush & Barbara Bush.

Nancy Reagan.

Elizabeth Dole.

John Denver.

Charlie Daniels.

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash.

Alabama. (Had a beer with 'em).

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Fergie the Dutches of York, at the Byron Nelson golf tournament in Dallas. Spoke with her for about 2 minutes, she was with Tiger Woods' parents but I did not speak with them.

Bill O' Reilly, book signing.

Carl Lewis, at a Texas Rangers game in the elevator.
    NRA Member

Back in 1984 I was doing personal protection. Got a contract for stage security for a Blues Festival. Bonnie Raitt asked me back to her room...is that famous? Sure made me feel important at the time!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I can't think of anyone famous off the top of my head but I've met a bunch of politicians. I know a bunch of USAF Generals, some important people in certain circles but I don't think anyone with a household name. I could be wrong, though.

Man I could swear I had met a few. Maybe I'm just tired.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Our college rodeo arena was also used for shows and such. Being on the rodeo team at the time I got 'volun-told' to help out with maintiance and security at a horse show. Security meant cleaning stalls and shoveling horse manure....oh joy.

I thought it was a pain that I had to turn off the lights for a moment so Paul Newman to sit down among the crowd without being noticed......

Turn the lights back on, walked over to the stage and sat down, helped myself to one of my roomates beers he brought, and this guy walks over and asks if he can a beer too. Without thinking I hand over a Bud Light to this gentlman. He was in jeans, a tee shirt, and boots covered in horse 'stuff' (just like the rest of us). He is very thankful for us sharing our beer and sits down and starts shooting the breeze with us. It took a moment or two to realize that the guy sitting with us was Patrick Swayze. Down to earth and as polite as he could be and proud of his Arabians. We didn't make any fuss or anything and when his horses left the arena he got up, thanked us for the cold beer and left.
    Never did meet Mr. Newman though.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    Harrison Ford
    Bill Clinton
    G.W. Bush
    Tom Petty
    Tom Clancy

and a bunch of sports figures.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Only the the more moldy of us will remember Llyod Bridges, right after the "sea hunt" Days. Meet him in a hotel elevator and he invited me to go snorkling with him. So I did....(with about 20 other people)
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Jesse Jackson (sorry, I was young and stupid)
    John Maxwell
    Bill Hybels (famous in some circles)
    As has been said, a number of sports figures.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links