How did you meet your spouse?

This is a discussion on How did you meet your spouse? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Met her in the sand hills 48 years ago near Muleshoe (pronounced Mule Shoe), Texas. Married 46 years. More details would require more space than ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your spouse?

Met her in the sand hills 48 years ago near Muleshoe (pronounced Mule Shoe), Texas. Married 46 years. More details would require more space than anyone would want to read.

2. Remove Ads

B52
    I met my wife in 9th grade, 17 years ago...She and I were both brand new to the area because our parent moved around quite a bit. I was intrigued by her beauty from the start; she was Filipino and growing up in the south I didn't know too much about Filipinos’. I am Italian and Cajun, so my background was very different from hers too. The rest is history, now we have three little ItalaCajunPino's...

I met my lovely wife 15 years ago, while looking at a piece of property that her father had given her, which was right next door to mine!

I had never seen her before, but knew the property was owned by some guy who lived in Idaho. Turns out he had a daughter.

The rest, as they say...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

In 1967, an 18 yr old blonde from southern California, wrote a letter addressed to any serviceman, and sent it to the USO. I picked that letter out of a barrel full of letters, and exchanged letters with her for over a year. When I returned to the States, I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, only about 40 miles away. We dated for a while and in August of 1969, we got married.

Best decision I've ever made.......
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

High school
    AFJROTC Drill Team Practice
    I was a leader and she was a newbie...

After being together a while we realized we had met a few years earlier and never knew it.

In a bar. I asked her for her number. Called her the next night and asked if she wanted to come over and help me drink a bottle of wine. Fortunately, she was crazy enough to do it. Just celebrated our 25th in 'Vegas.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I was pastoring a church in Wenatchee Washington and one Sunday in walked this young lady who had just moved up from Arkansas. One look and I was hooked. That was 24 years ago.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    The wife was an Exotic Dancer and I was in the Air Force. Stopped by the night club one night, met her and 15 days later we were married. We were married for 45 years before she passed away.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    In 1967, an 18 yr old blonde from southern California, wrote a letter addressed to any serviceman, and sent it to the USO. I picked that letter out of a barrel full of letters, and exchanged letters with her for over a year. When I returned to the States, I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, only about 40 miles away. We dated for a while and in August of 1969, we got married.

Best decision I've ever made.......
    Those letters and the times around them are the making of a great Book and maybe a movie. If you have them organize them and scan them to some hard drive.

Contact a local Literature agent and show him them and be sure to make lots of notes what each was doing around the time each of the letters were written and received.

They will find someone to write it for you make sure you have a lawyer before you sign anything. There is a big market for this type of thing.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Wife

Met her in the ER at a local hospital. I brought patients in, she worked in registration. Started dating when when she came to work in my FD dispatch center. Got married on Feb 29th, 2008. Leap Day.

We met in Kindergarten. Our parents were friends but we never really hung out until we started dating towards the end of high school. Went to college together and now we've been married a little over a year.

One of my cohorts at my new job 17 years ago decided that I could not be happy single, and I had to meet his wife's best friend. Now she is my best friend (for 15 years).
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

We met in fencing class. That was eleven years ago...
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I wasn't meeting anyone, so I decided to try an online site. I liked her ad, and sent her a letter. She had almost decided to drop the ad, since she was getting a lot of letters from jerks. But, she saw mine, and decided to follow up. Now, I live in Las Vegas, and she lived in the Silicon Valley of Northern California. We emailed each other and talked on the phone for 4 months before she decided to fly out for the weekend. We hit it off immediately, and have been together ever since. That was 1998. We alternated weekends flying back and forth, until she hurt her back and couldn't fly for a year. I flew every weekend during that time, which got old really fast- it was a strain physically, mentally, and financially. I could afford it, but it wasn't a picnic. I was getting 8 frequent flyer tickets a year! I found a job and moved there in 2000. We flew to Vegas in 2002 to be married, and then moved back to Vegas in 2005. I really lucked out, as she's a fantastic girl. Now, the process wasn't bad, as I did meet a few other girls from the same site, and had them fly out. It was a lot of fun!

I met her across the hall in the same apartment complex. She was wearing a hot purple knit miniskirt. And the rest is history--36 years in July of 2008.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links