How did you meet your spouse? - Page 8

How did you meet your spouse?

This is a discussion on How did you meet your spouse? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My best friend girl friend introduce her neighbor to me.........been married 26 great years....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    My best friend girl friend introduce her neighbor to me.........been married 26 great years.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I was just sitting at the bar,minding my own business , licking my eyebrows , when she spotted me and came over.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    .or even former Marine....described that way.
    There is no such thing as a former Marine

I was unexpectedly widowed at 22 years old. Having had a great marriage, I did not want to date around, so I prayed that when the time was right, God would just give me a new husband, and He did!! As soon as I saw my future husband, I got that sick feeling (the kind you get when you've just been pulled over)...as I wasn't expecting to meet someone. However, I knew he was the one! Come to find out, he'd been praying for a wife, and knew I was the one for him. We married 9 months later.
    We've been married for 8 years now, and of course, it's been "happily ever after.

I wouldn't change a thing about my life at all.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    There is no such thing as a former Marine
    Off topic but worth mentioning

John Murtha
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    I was unexpectedly widowed at 22 years old. Having had a great marriage, I did not want to date around, so I prayed that when the time was right, God would just give me a new husband, and He did!! As soon as I saw my future husband, I got that sick feeling (the kind you get when you've just been pulled over)...as I wasn't expecting to meet someone. However, I knew he was the one! Come to find out, he'd been praying for a wife, and knew I was the one for him. We married 9 months later.
    We've been married for 8 years now, and of course, it's been "happily ever after.

I wouldn't change a thing about my life at all.
    Wow, just wow.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

It's amazing how the Lord works. After 2 years of hanging out in pubs in England and upon returning to the states I felt guilty about my life style. I decided to go to church when I ended up at Chicksands ARB Ill. That first Sunday in Sunday School I met my wife and we got married 3 months to the day after we met. This past May 6th we celebrated 30 years of marriage.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

My wife came downstairs on our anniversary and found me crying at the kitchen table. When she asked me what was wrong, I asked her if she remembered when her father caught us in the back shed and said I would have to marry you or go to jail for 20 years??? Yes, she said. I told her through my sobs that I would have gotten out today!!!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    We both had profiles on multiple online dating sites. The free accounts prohibit anything past the most basic of contact (they want you to pay to actually talk to someone) but she was clever enough to find ways around it.

We chatted off and on online but we lived about 100 miles apart. I wasn't really interested in driving that far considering my previous luck with this type of dating. I turned out that I was going that way one night to pick up some stuff from my old house, so I asked her to dinner on my way through.

We spent about an hour talking in the restaurant and never got around to ordering (she was nervous... I guess my Hawaiian shirt can have that effect).

A couple weeks later we did Thanksgiving together. Got married about a year after that.

You may now return to the interesting stories.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I thought I was wise dating City Girls (Louisville, Nashville, Cincinnati, etc.) because of the lean-pickins' in my small Ky. hometown (pop. <2000). Got tired of the chase & spent some time praying about it. I walked into our little Post Office one day & saw "the one". No doubt, clear as day, right there she was. Everything I EVER wanted. Cute as a box full of puppies, cooks like Mom, loves to hunt/fish, smart, funny, warm. Now I've just gotta' get her...to go OUT with me!

Just kiddin'. She made the mistake of saying okay. Ditto, when I asked her to marry me. Ta Da! Happily ever after, and our youngest is now off in college. Good Luck Fellas'. There's NOTHING like being in love...with your WIFE!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I traded for her.

Back in 'early '98 when I was a patch wearer, I was semi dating a 6'2 blond Amazon woman, and a club brother brought my CFO to the clubhouse one evening. After a few drinks and a conversation that piqued my interest, I looked over at "Pappy" and said, "You wanna trade?"

He looked at me, at his date, at "High Pockets" (Amazon woman), back to his date then to me. "Sure".

I threw her over my shoulder (quite literally) and took her home.

Other than a 6 month hiatus at the end of '98, we have been together ever since. Married in '02.

This story was an epic image when she told her Parents (Dad is a retired FBI agent, but not when we met) how we got together at the wedding reception. 30 seconds of from the entire room of family from both sides.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links