Your opinion: Somalian Pirates hijack cargo ship... - Page 2

Your opinion: Somalian Pirates hijack cargo ship...

This is a discussion on Your opinion: Somalian Pirates hijack cargo ship... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All I can say is "great security"....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your opinion: Somalian Pirates hijack cargo ship...

All I can say is "great security".
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

All I can say is ENOUGH twiddling around. We've been doing it far too long and look where it gets us. Horrific as it sounds..."Little Boy" and "Fat Man". Ironic that the most horrific weapon ever created is the only thing sure to work. No more hole of the earth countries. Make it known to all ahead of time(press conference - gotta use that first amendment first) that if you are involved in such activities, your home land will be flattened unless you cease and desist immediately. Then, if they don't stop...FOLLOW THROUGH! And KEEP FOLLOWING THROUGH until it stops.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    All I can say is ENOUGH twiddling around. We've been doing it far too long and look where it gets us. Horrific as it sounds..."Little Boy" and "Fat Man". Ironic that the most horrific weapon ever created is the only thing sure to work. No more hole of the earth countries. Make it known to all ahead of time(press conference - gotta use that first amendment first) that if you are involved in such activities, your home land will be flattened unless you cease and desist immediately. Then, if they don't stop...FOLLOW THROUGH! And KEEP FOLLOWING THROUGH until it stops.
    I can understand your frustration, sir, but I passionately disagree with you.
    Nuking Somalia (or any small third world nation) for the actions of a few idiots would be like taking away all of our concealed weapons permits because of the few stupid permit holders that get media attention when they do something moronic.
    Your plan would kill many, many more innocent people than corrupt government officials and pirates. Just as taking away concealed permits would negatively impact many, many more honest, upstanding citizens than it would criminals.

However, I do agree with you that it's time for the international community (not just us) to start taking this kind of thing much more seriously.
    The fact that they've successfully received ransoms before has made them arrogant and cocky. They need to be shown the error of their ways. I liked the "decoy" cargo ship idea. Put some 5-inch deck guns on a cargo ship and go pirate hunting.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Distinguished Member
    During the ten year Lebanese War, 96 people from 21 countries were kidnapped. Ten died in captivity. What is interesting to note is that there were two Russians kidnapped in the conflict. Little to nothing is mentioned about them. The Urban Legend that I heard from someone in Intelligence was that two weeks after their capture, a box was sent to one of the leaders of the resistance. In it were several sets of testicles belonging to his relatives. The Russians were released quietly the next day. End of story.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

JRG
    They should sink the ship, I see no good coming from the cargo, chances are it will eventually end up in the hands of the wrong people. Give the people on board 30 minutes to abandon the ship and then torpedo it.
    Jim - Danville, IN

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    During the ten year Lebanese War, 96 people from 21 countries were kidnapped. Ten died in captivity. What is interesting to note is that there were two Russians kidnapped in the conflict. Little to nothing is mentioned about them. The Urban Legend that I heard from someone in Intelligence was that two weeks after their capture, a box was sent to one of the leaders of the resistance. In it were several sets of testicles belonging to his relatives. The Russians were released quietly the next day. End of story.
    I could see how that'd change a BG's demeanor.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I like the decoy ship idea in the future,have several including an old cruise ship,instead of 5" guns which would be hard to hit small craft with use some of those 20mm vulcan cannons and quad 50's to rip them to pieces as they come into range.Okay I guess the 5" could sink the mother ship they launched from.The object here is kill them before they get hostages to hide behind
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

These guys picked the wrong boat to hijack. The Russians are coming, I'm sure....
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Ha , let the Russians deal w/them.
    Hijacking takes place more than most people imagine, I had read Somalia and especially Indonesia are very treacherous places.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

i say time to turn the Navy SEALs loose on them. We can disguise boats with crews that look like ordinary fishermen or pleasure boaters; unfortunately for the pirates, the crew will be heavily trained SEAL operators with air support standing by.

I'm sure some of those SEALs would love to get some practice with the bonus of trigger time........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

On the evening news they stated they have the ship surrounded by Helicopters N other ships, just how far to the pirates think they are going to get?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links