Fickle Finger o' Fate

This is a discussion on Fickle Finger o' Fate within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Back in '06, the department I worked in at WaMu was restructured. Our new bosses saw fit to shut down our site, and I lost ...

Thread: Fickle Finger o' Fate

Fickle Finger o' Fate

Back in '06, the department I worked in at WaMu was restructured. Our new bosses saw fit to shut down our site, and I lost the best job I ever had.

Kept trying to get back w/ the company in another capacity, but nothing ever came to fruition.

Heard the people running my old department are sucking it up pretty bad. Now, WaMu has completely failed, and was practically given away to JP Morgan Chase.

No longer lamenting the loss of my job, anymore.

-JT

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Things happen for a reason my friend. I'm glad for the job I have, as both my wife and I are as secure as one can be in a job. Not that a layoff couldnt happen, but its doubtful.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Yep, one door shutting, opens up another door. Keep going and don't look back.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

It's SO hard to see that when it happens, but SIXTO and ppkheat are right. I hope I remember that when I leave my current job and start my second, after service career.

Sounds like WaMu did themselves in.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I like to think WaMu's problems started the day after they let my department (more specifically, me) go.

I know it isn't possible, as we weren't a part of the subprime lending debacle at all.

But I like to think it.

-JT

Change is always good. New opportunities eventually come out of seemingly bad experiences at the time. Granted, it's hard to deal with at first, and can be a crushing blow to one financially and psychologically. Think about changing companies every 3-6 years as I did in the 90's and early 2000's. Construction and service. You pretty much depend on the economy and the decisions of the top company execs, the bottom line and numbers. If the company doesn't get the bids for a period of time, they lay off. But someone else is getting the business or contracts when they are understaffed, and then you end up transferring to the company with the highest volume of work and staying within your chosen profession. It's never easy, but it's less painful than moving one's residence in order to keep up with the job market. I imagine it's harder for those involved in corporate buy-outs, cost reductions, or re-structuring. Especially within the finance community nowadays. Personally, I never stop looking for better opportunities, and was only forced to draw unemployment benefits for a total of four weeks in my 27 year's of a working man.
    I like to think WaMu's problems started the day after they let my department (more specifically, me) go.
    LOL! It is nice to think about that, and only natural. Personally, I was glad to pay off my WaMu mortgage and go with a better, local financial institution. After four years with WaMu, I think my payments changed every six months, and went up and down. On a regular mortgage, one should expect some differences for the first 18 months possibly. To me that sort of showed some disorganization and not looking out for the best interests of the borrower, and my insurance premiums never changed. If it's any consolation, I snubbed WaMu in 2005, but I know it couldn't have affected your job. By the way....I hear that Merrill Lynch will be 're-structuring' in the near future due to a buy-out. Just a heads up from an outsider with some insider information. For what it's worth. Good luck to you and everything you do.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Karma is a pain in the ***
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I've got my mortgage with Wells Fargo. I'm wondering if they'll be one of the next ones to go belly up since I believe they were making a lot of mortgage loans to illegals.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Links