Belt Testing - Taekwondo

This is a discussion on Belt Testing - Taekwondo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I had my first belt test last night, no more white belt for me. The Wife also progressed up one. My kids that tested ...

Thread: Belt testing - Taekwondo

Belt testing - Taekwondo

Well, I had my first belt test last night, no more white belt for me. The Wife also progressed up one. My kids that tested yesterday also went up in belt level too. The 4 year old didn't test, so she is still a "Kangaroo Kicker".

No video this time, my Son didn't catch mine and the Wife told me no more posting her on YouTube

My ready stance before starting my forms and the Wife and I after all is said and done.
    Attached Images
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Nice! My oldest youngin' starts in a few weeks. Then everybody will be Kung Fu fighting in my house.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congratulations
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I was involved with Tae Kwon Do for 8 years before I started wrestling, great activity!
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Conrats. My kids were awarded their yellow belts last night too. I just started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and after a while I'll be picking up a striking art.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Nice accomplishment. I studied Tae Kwon Do for a few years. Just talked to the GF last night about taking a Krav Maga or Jujisu class together, she was receptive. Your lucky your wife goes with you ;)
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Congrats - my daughter got her "Blue Belt" a month or so ago - she's wanting me to start.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Nice accomplishment. I studied Tae Kwon Do for a few years. Just talked to the GF last night about taking a Krav Maga or Jujisu class together, she was receptive. Your lucky your wife goes with you ;)
    I am looking to pick up Krav Maga, the TKD will get me in the shape I would want to be in before I start.

The Wife is the main reason I go, accountability. I can make an excuse for anything, but with her there and my 4 kids taking class from them in the mornings it is much easier for me to not have an excuse.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I did this same training with my daughter. It really made a strong bond between us. We competed around the state together and completed in 2 World Championships together. Makes for some great memories while you have your kids at home.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I did this same training with my daughter. It really made a strong bond between us. We competed around the state together and completed in 2 World Championships together. Makes for some great memories while you have your kids at home.
    My youngest son just got his yellow belt too, he also looks like me. I see another YouTube video coming, with "mini me"

-Paco

Congratulations on you discipline and motivation! My 16 year old is a 3rd degree Black Belt in TKD, my 11 year old is a 1st degree Black Belt and will hopefully test for his 2nd degree in February. They can hold their own in any kind of fisticuffs but are well trained in the use of many firearms. Current favorites are the H&K USP 40 for the 16 year old and M1 Carbine for the 11 year old. Keep kicking!

I agree it is a great family activity. My 13 yr old is 2nd deg. black belt in Tang Soo Do, I will be testing for my 1st degree in December and the wife is currently a yellow belt.
    With all of the classes we take we spend more time at the school than at home.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations! I used to take TKD in my younger days, but I kept getting injured before advancing, so all that I ever earned is my "Black and Blue" belt! Now, I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis, and have chronic pain, so my martial art of choice is "gun foo"

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    No video this time, my Son didn't catch mine and the Wife told me no more posting her on YouTube
    My Dad caught me on video. I have actually learned a lot by watching it, I need to do some more work on my stances and making a tight fist.

YouTube - My First Belt test

-Paco

Links