She shoots herself and then laughs.....

This is a discussion on She shoots herself and then laughs..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tallahassee woman shoots self; misses McNuggets By Anthony Anamelechi DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER October 3, 2008 Christie Murphey said she was upset when she ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She shoots herself and then laughs.....

She shoots herself and then laughs.....

Tallahassee woman shoots self; misses McNuggets

By Anthony Anamelechi DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER October 3, 2008

Christie Murphey said she was upset when she shot herself in the thigh at a McDonald's drive-through Wednesday, not because of the wound, but because she didn't get her large chicken McNuggets meal.

"I didn't even get my food," she laughed, "I was starving."

Murphey was checking a .45-caliber semi-automatic in her purse when it fired, striking her in the thigh. Tallahassee police arrived at the McDonald's, 1944 North Monroe St., and found Murphey holding napkins against the wound.

She was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for treatment. She said she is home stitched up and on "some good medication."

The gun belonged to her boyfriend who had a permit for it. It was impounded by TPD.

"We support legal gun ownership," said TPD spokesman Officer David McCranie. But he said people who decide to get guns should have professional training on how to handle them.

"It could have been worse."
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

2. Remove Ads

I guess since I was raised around guns I just don't get all these stories of people shooting themselves. I agree people should have training if they haven't been taught. People like her give us a bad name.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing..... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    I guess since I was raised around guns I just don't get all these stories of people shooting themselves. I agree people should have training if they haven't been taught. People like her give us a bad name.
    Agree 100%

During basic pistol classes, I'm constantly amazed at how many people there are out there who can't seem to understand that they should get some instruction before picking up a gun.

I always make a big production announcement at the beginning of a classs about leaving the guns alone until one of the instructors is with you and tells you what to do.

A lot of people treat firearms about the same way they treat their sunglasses.

She probably thru the gun in her purse without any concern for what it might come in contact with.

It's scary!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

There is a reason everyone on this forum preaches about good holsters, if that weapon had been holstered this ND might not have happened.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Wow -- It still surprises me how incredibly stupid people can be!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    Tallahassee woman shoots self; misses McNuggets
    Title would be more fitting if it were a male shooter missing his mcnuggets.

You know you just can't take the stupid out of everyone. A good holster could have prevented this, or maybe if her BF would have not given up his gun to the gal.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Shot herself with a .45? She's lucky she still has a leg. She must have "grazed" herself...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Christie Murphey said she was upset when she shot herself in the thigh at a McDonald's drive-through Wednesday, not because of the wound, but because she didn't get her large chicken McNuggets meal.
    I'd be kinda ticked too if I had already paid for a McNugget meal and didn't get it!
    She was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for treatment. She said she is home stitched up and on "some good medication."
    Not so sure she wasn't on some "good medication" before the accident.

Is that covered under the McDonalds "Rain Check" policy statement?

JD
    Administrator
    Thread moved to Off Topic and Humor, you can't protect yourself from stoopid

VIP Member
    Wait, this can't be true! Everyone knows that if you get hit with a .45, your grandchildren get knocked 50 meters back and explode into a million pieces!

Seriously, why would you choose to check your weapon (at all) while sitting in a drive through line? Don't you have enough going on? Extra BBQ sauce, no tomatoes, "hey, I said extra pickles..." BAM!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

On a little more serious note, I'm amazed sometimes who winds up with a CCL. Of the 5 people in my class, only myself and one other person had ever fired a handgun. Even before I had a CCL, I did a lot of shooting. I still do, and if I go a month between trips to the range, I can tell my muscle memory is a little off. It's something I'm pretty anal about. But the other three shot 20 rounds, passed the written test, and I'm sure were issued permits. I sometimes cringe at the notion that there are those out there with permits, guns and minimal experience. Kinda like driving from home to the 7-11 and back and getting issued a driver's license.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

It would be nice if she was charged with something .... discharging in city limits .... anything! Playing with her boyfriends gun at Mcdonalds , if only it had hit her femural :(

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Another purse carrier...and one wonders why that is a dumb idea!

Rick

Administrator

Thumbs down

"Murphey was checking a .45-caliber semi-automatic in her purse when it fired, striking her in the thigh."

A firearm loose in a purse is never such a great idea.

That being said ~ If it was a Colt or Colt Clone 1911 ~ WITH the Thumb Safety ON ~ that could not have happened unless she flipped the thumb safety OFF to check it inside her purse and shot herself.

I suspect that it was probably NOT a colt type firearm and that she was digging around for some money in her purse and her stupid "eyebrow pencil" (or whatever) was inside the trigger guard.

It's LUCKY for her that she put a bullet into herself and not some little kid waiting for a Happy Meal.

Either way or whatever happened - her lackadaisical "Ha Ha" attitude concerning her negligent discharge out in public makes her an ignorant, idiotic, "thick in the head" hopeless moron.

Me Personally....I'd love to stuff her Chicken McNuggets where the Sun don't shine.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links