GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts - Page 2

GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts

This is a discussion on GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's about time!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts

B52
    It's about time!

Very weird about the 13 year thing, right to the day, then it took the jury 13 hours of deliberation... He deserves it. Good to see him where he belongs finally.

Can someone please explain how he is guilty of "kidnapping"? I completely fail to see the conviction on that charge.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Anytime you hold somebody in a place against their will,or remove and transport themto another location against their will it is considered to be kidnapping.When he clearly said nobody leaves this room he was ascerting control over their ability to leave.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you are lucky (have enough money) enough to beat a double homicide rap you fly so so so slow under the radar. He is a PUTZ and got what he deserved.

Justice is served.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Anytime you hold somebody in a place against their will,or remove and transport them to another location against their will it is considered to be kidnapping.When he clearly said nobody leaves this room he was ascerting control over their ability to leave.

So, if an armed robber orders a victim to "freeze", then he is guilty of kidnapping as well as armed robbery? How come all armed robbers are not being charged with kidnapping?

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

He still won't get what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by surprise View Post
    Justice is served.
    He hasn't even been sentenced, yet. It still has the chance to get screwed all out of proportion, as politicos still have their fingers in the pie.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So happy that justice is finally served, but it still dose not hold him accountable for Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. He escaped justice in that case but the media, a bungling trial judge and a dream team of defense lawyers got him through that. He can appeal all he wants to, I believe they have too solid of a case to have it overturned or retried.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    I hope he never see the light of day again from the outside for what he has done in the past. He is a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    So, if an armed robber orders a victim to "freeze", then he is guilty of kidnapping as well as armed robbery? How come all armed robbers are not being charged with kidnapping?

-
    Depending on the circumstances during the robbery,sometimes they are charged with kidnapping,It depends a lot on the District Attorney and what charges they file,they usually file every charge they can think of to try to get a plea bargain,IIRC in some states a kidnapping charge will get you 20 years to life
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What goes around, comes around.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Sorry guys, but I fail to see the problem here. Was he aquitted incorrectly in his original murder trial? That remains to be seen, and I suspect he may very well deal with that before his maker at some point.

As for this particular case, did he screw up legally speaking? Yes of course. That doesn't mean he was wrong. Sorry gotta say it. So, theft is ok as long as the thieves make it out of the house to sell the goods?

Again, I'm not saying it was right legally. I just have a different moral outlook. I tend to take the viewpoint that theft is an impact on a person's right to life(among many many others). As far as I'm concerned if he found em with the goods, he can take em out back and hang em by their jewels. I think that's what's wrong with our country these days. We've decided too long ago that everything that happens to us is someone elses problem or someone elses duty to fix. WRONG!

...just putting it out from a different angle is all...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Sorry guys, but I fail to see the problem here. Was he aquitted incorrectly in his original murder trial? That remains to be seen, and I suspect he may very well deal with that before his maker at some point.
    Please keep in mind that he WAS convicted in a civil trial for both murders, and found financially liable. That jury had no problem at all finding him guilty with the same exact evidence.

I just feel that it was a grandstand trial with Johnnie Cochran and Judge Lance Ito allowing all sorts of nonsense.

I remember watching the entire trial on TV (as I work from a home office), and there was no doubt in my mind as to his guilt.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

So let me understand this correctly If you shoot someone in self defence and in a criminal trial you are found not guilty, but the family sues for wrongfull death and wins. That makes you guilty of murdur? This is what is being said of OJ. Just want to understand this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links