GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts

This is a discussion on GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by raevan So let me understand this correctly If you shoot someone in self defence and in a criminal trial you are found ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GREAT: OJ Simpson GUILTY all 12 counts

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    So let me understand this correctly If you shoot someone in self defence and in a criminal trial you are found not guilty, but the family sues for wrongfull death and wins. That makes you guilty of murdur? This is what is being said of OJ. Just want to understand this.
    Hey Raevan- I think you are comparing apples and oranges. No one shot anyone in this particular case. It was a cold blooded murder, by knife, of two innocent people.

Yes, OJ was aquitted by a jury, and according to our legal system, like it or not, he was set free on those charges.

The case in question now, was 12 felony counts of robbery, kidnapping, and a host of other offenses, which carry mandatory sentencing guidelines. The jury found him guilty on that evidence, and the judge will sentence him accordingly.

I think that it's just our opinion (most on this forum thread, anyway), that there was a miscarraige of justice the first time around. Although there is no connection between the two events, other than the same perpertrator, I think we just belive that justice has run its course.

If he wanted to stay out of trouble, he should have just disappeared into the woodwork after the first trial. We would have forgotten him, and that would be that.

But he has an ego, and his persona will not let him stay out of the limelight. So as I have said before, what goes around, comes around.

I think he brought this on himself.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    If he wanted to stay out of trouble, he should have just disappeared into the woodwork after the first trial. We would have forgotten him, and that would be that.

But he has an ego, and his persona will not let him stay out of the limelight. So as I have said before, what goes around, comes around.

I think he brought this on himself.
    Ya think

If I was OJ I would have been sitting on a beach in the middle of nowhere drinking drinks with little umbrellas watching the sun go down. He ego was the down fall.

Oj could have gone to court and have the sale stopped or subpoena the record of sale to get his stuff back legally. You would figure that he would use the same legal system that helped him the first time around. Nah, just earier to grab a few friends with guns and go take the stuff back.

Oh I understand all this. I was shall we say playing devils advecate. it was presented in a previous post that he was aquited of criminal charges but since the civil charges found hime guilty, that it therefore made him guilty. We all know that there are cases that peoples lives are ruined by similar situations.
    I used a case of self defence because any one of us could have just the same thing happen. Being juged after the fact by popular opinion whether or not you are guilty can destroy not only your life but all those you love.

I also think that if he wanted to be left alone he should have just dissapeared and kept his mouth shut. He was tried and aquitted, he may or may not have been guilty. No one other then himself knows for sure. This latest set of crimes he is guilty, the other is past and we should let a higher power sort that out.

Our local news reported this noon that OJ's lawyer has filed an appeal of this latest outcome, and stated that because there were no blacks on the jury there was no way this trial was fair to his client. Developing........
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

VIP Member
    Here we go with the race card again. Surprise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links