Summer's end

This is a discussion on Summer's end within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I noticed this morning as I took my son to work that the recent cool nights have hearkened the colorful and obvious end of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer's end

Summer's end

Well, I noticed this morning as I took my son to work that the recent cool nights have hearkened the colorful and obvious end of summer. The leaves here in Southwest Tennessee have begun changing colors and are dropping off the trees.

I love Fall. It is my favorite season by far. I love the cooling temperatures, the smell of fireplaces burning in homes, the smell of burning leaves, the changing color of the leaves, just everything. But, at the same time I am sad to see Summer go. I love to ride my bicycle for exercise and it is soon to be too cold to do that for me.

I am sure that those of you in the Northern reaches of the country are already deep into the grips of Fall, but here it is just starting.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

I do the stationary bike thing in the late fall and winter, not quite as rewarding as getting out in the fresh air but it keeps the legs in shape.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Fall is my favorite season as well. We've already been down to 39 here early Friday morning, and in the mid 40's for overnight lows a couple days in a row. If you smell burning leaves, they just might be around my house. I hope we get some good fall colors in the trees this year. The Ozarks are beautiful, but even more so when the weather conditions are just right, and even then, the peak conditions only last a bit over a week. I don't think we'll have much of a winter again this year, but I'm holding onto some hope for a real good snowfall in the 8-10" range that will last for a good week or so. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out where the first 3/4 of this year went.

Yep, Fall is just around the corner down here, too! The nights are down to 70'...can finally leave the windows open...no more A/C.
    Time for the longer shorts...

Stay armed...enjoy FL...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Fall is always a welcome relief from the dog days of summer.
    God bless our troops!

Goodbye summer ! *sniff sniff*
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Administrator
    I love the fall, I look forward to each year. Its been great cruising around in the evenings in the crisp air and smells of fires. There is a lot of fire wood to be burned due to the hurricane, its been great so far.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    The Pennsylvania countryside is absolutely beautiful in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I am sure that those of you in the Northern reaches of the country are already deep into the grips of Fall, but here it is just starting.
    Yup. Upper 50s for highs and been raking leaves since early August.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm moving into fall here in Iraq, and the only thing that changes is the temperature :p
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I love fall as well. My favorite season of the year. Upstate NY is beautiful when the leaves change. It is a great motorcycle ride up into Vermont. Then it is time to put the bike away for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I don't think we'll have much of a winter again this year, but I'm holding onto some hope for a real good snowfall...
    Actually Ramrod, I have read a few articles that suggest that we might just have a pretty rough winter this year. No sunspots for over 200 days now and that always correlates to lower temps and more severe winters.

Time will tell...
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Ditto on fall being the best season. We have had our 1st frost, did the 1st round of leaf raking this weekend, mostly ash & maple leaves, oaks are last. We have had a bad year for mosquitoes so I'll be glad to see them go. Firing up the wood stove in a week or two, got a feeling in my bones it's going to be a real old fashioned New England winter. Can't wait to go deer hunting. Cling-On.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Actually Ramrod, I have read a few articles that suggest that we might just have a pretty rough winter this year. No sunspots for over 200 days now and that always correlates to lower temps and more severe winters.

Time will tell...
    I love the snow too. I'm of the opinion snow plows and salt are a huge waste of resources.

Jeep on!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Fall makes me sick... literally. It's not as bad as Spring. I prefer blazing temperatures to freezing weather but I like either better than Fall and Spring.

Plus, I'm a huge night owl. Being one is not conducive to my current place in life which gets to go on hold during the Summer.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links