Have you ever wanted to do something but your spouse said no? - Page 3

Have you ever wanted to do something but your spouse said no?

This is a discussion on Have you ever wanted to do something but your spouse said no? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two things I learned very shortly after I was married. Never criticize her cooking or clothes. I have now been married for 34 years and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever wanted to do something but your spouse said no?

Two things I learned very shortly after I was married. Never criticize her cooking or clothes. I have now been married for 34 years and pretty much know when I can ask for forgiveness and when I better ask for permission. Knowing those two things can go a long way.

[QUOTE=Eagleks;865903]Wife didn't like guns, motorcycles, flying, and horses.

She's now an ex......

Ditto.

First wife used to go riding with me on my bike, then, after starting work as a nurse she became afraid to ride, didn't want me to ride either. I gave in and sold the bike.

Though I had done lots of shooting before we were married, I didn't own any guns at the time we were married. Money was tight, other things were more important. Then there were several rapes in our neighborhood, we talked about getting a gun and I did. After I got it, she was afraid to have it around, and would never even consider shooting it.

There were other factors in our split, but these two issues were symtomatic of our differences.
    One of the first things I did after we split was to buy a bike and more guns.

Met my current wife at a bike run - she was riding her own bike and had no trouble keeping up with the guys. She hadn't done much shooting before we met, but now she has her ccw and carries about 90% of the time. She will sometimes ride behind me on my bike now, but 95% of the time she still prefers riding her own bike.

She never tells me no, but we discuss most major purchases beforehand and come to an agreement. Since I make most of the money in the family she has no problem with me spending money on things I want. (But if I do buy something expensive for myself, like my M1A, I will usually get something for her, or encourage her to get something she wants to even things out).

Ron
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I cant get my wife to bungi jump with me!..other than that, I pretty much do what I want..
    Would you being wearing the kilt or not?

Married 33 years. I think we're both pretty supportive of each other. It helps to be reasonable and responsible, yet allow each other enough space to operate in. I don't think she's ever seriously "put her foot down" over some issue with me that I can recall.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I wanted to take up hobby gold prospecting, slucing and panning but my wife just laughed and it pissed me off. That was 16 years ago and I never forgot it. She has her horses, I do have my ATVs and we both have our guns, lots of guns. I guess life is a compromise. We've been married 30 years and sometimes she gets my goat but I'll not trade her in. My back is so bad now I couldn't do any panning if I wanted to now. Got that way fixing fences to keep her horses in. Go figure.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    I treasure her advice, and don't want to do anything to bruise our relationship.

Note that she carries, too, and supported the decision to put our daughter in Krav Maga classes, get her into a pistol class, and provide her with her own Bersa .380 and Beretta 22. You bet I'll take her advice!
    Paymeister has it right. We try to be careful and never say 'no' if we don't have to (same with our daughter), and encourage each other if it's do-able and affordable. We're a team, and it's more fun this way.

He shoots and hangs up the deer, and I field dress it and stick it in the frig. We get along.

Have you ever wanted to do something but your spouse said no?
    Let's see, last night just after we go into bed I wanted to ...................

... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

My first freaked out over my Nam service, my second also did about if I ever killed a human; and my third doesn't care about what I did in Nam. It was a war. I live my life for me.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links