Firefox question

Firefox question

This is a discussion on Firefox question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have Firefox ver. 2.whatever. Occasionally FF goes through some sort of update process where it gathers all the open tab info and sorts/stores/processes it. ...

Firefox question

I have Firefox ver. 2.whatever. Occasionally FF goes through some sort of update process where it gathers all the open tab info and sorts/stores/processes it. While it is doing this it stops responding (for the most part) and then the taskbar button disappears. If I have any other program open, FF eventually puts the FF taskbar button to the right of all the other program buttons on the taskbar.

It's a royal PITA when it does this as it takes several minutes to finish and I cannot do ANYTHING on the computer while this is happening.

How do I stop FF from doing this crap?

JRG
    I also have Firefox, and don't have any of the problems you describe. I would make sure you have version 3.0.3 which I believe is the latest version....go to the help tab and click on 'check for updates' and then update. I would also dump your cookies folder....hope that helps.
    Jim - Danville, IN

Update to version 3.0.3 here: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

And clear your cache (in FF, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete, then check all of the boxes EXCEPT for "saved passwords, then click OK).

Let me know if it's still a problem. I work in I.T., by the way

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

I believe version 3.0.3 addresses some of the issues. When you go to the download page, click on what's new and it will describe some of the fixes and past issues. These come from error reports sent online by the browser's users. I usually report the problems that cause the browser to close. I haven't had any issues with this most current version. The previous version I had to restart now and then.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I never had anything like that happen with v2.0. Do you perhaps have an add-on installed that is doing this? But I agree that the upgrade to 3.x is generally worth it anyway.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Pete, any other FF shortcuts, tips or tricks?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Links