Off Topic Rant on the Economy and Politics

This is a discussion on Off Topic Rant on the Economy and Politics within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I really don't know where this mess is going to end, but until the commercial paper markets start rolling and credit begins to flow we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Off Topic Rant on the Economy and Politics

I really don't know where this mess is going to end, but until the commercial paper markets start rolling and credit begins to flow we are going to continue to see declines in all sectors and massive jobs losses before long.

Companies need loans to pruchase inventory, ship goods, etc. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but the fact remains that our entire global economic system is based on credit, long supply lines, and just in time inventory systems.

Currently, banks are not lending; not even to each other. If credit does not begin flowing in the markets soon, we could well begin seeing shortages of goods. Which ones? Who knows? Food, grain? Is it already beginning? Looks like it after reading this: http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=866310

What if banks are still not able to lend in spring. Farmers are set up to borrow money to buy seed and fertilizer and then pay off the loans at harvest. Which I personally think is a stupid system and no way to do business, but that's the way it is. So come spring, No loans, no crops, no harvest.

Maybe the gov will step in and create some more fake money, give it to the farmers and add it to the national debt. We might as well, since we are going to be providing free healtcare, free college, free housing, free everything. How we are going to pay for it is another story.

See the following:
    National Debt Clock near Times Square runs out of digits as debt dashes past $10 trillion -- chicagotribune.com
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

The people that caused the problem are now going to solve the problem.
    I just wish they would stop being so good to us.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    ]

What if banks are still not able to lend in spring. Farmers are set up to borrow money to buy seed and fertilizer and then pay off the loans at harvest. Which I personally think is a stupid system and no way to do business, but that's the way it is. So come spring, No loans, no crops, no harvest.

[/url]
    Farm Credit Services has in the past and will continue to lend to farmers I suspect. This is a Gov. program and I don't see any reason that it would change much. That is where my clients who farm get their money for the season.

You never know though, we might have to start planting gardens.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Farm Credit Services has in the past and will continue to lend to farmers I suspect. This is a Gov. program and I don't see any reason that it would change much. That is where my clients who farm get their money for the season.

You never know though, we might have to start planting gardens.
    Yep, like I said, we'll just rely on the government for everything. As long as the treasury has a printing press everthing will be fine.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links