SNAKE in my truck! HELP!!!

This is a discussion on SNAKE in my truck! HELP!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE There are sticky pads to capture snakes and mice. My neighbor cought a snake with one of them sticky pads, Put ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNAKE in my truck! HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    There are sticky pads to capture snakes and mice. My neighbor cought a snake with one of them sticky pads, Put some peanut butter and put them underneath the seats and the floor boards.

I'm sure you will capture him.
    That only worked because he got stuck by accident. Snakes won't go after peanut butter. They're hunters. I kept large snakes for years and yes one python got loose in the car.

Your best bet is probably to park the truck in the sun somewhere and leave it for a few hours. Sneak back out every now and then and You'll probably catch him sunning himself. Take a good look at it from a distance and verify it's not poisonous. If it's not, go grab the bugger.

The other thing to think about...he may already be gone. Snakes don't like confrontation and if he got it, he can get out. More often than not, they'll try to run(or rather slither) away than get into it with someone.

All of the venomous snakes in texas are going to be either a Copperhead, Cottonmouth, Rattler, or Coral snake depending on location. The Copperheads, Cottonmouths, and Rattlers are all Pit Vipers. Meaning they all have a small opening or pit on each side of the head between their eye socket and nostrils. ALL of them with the exception of the Coral Snake are going to have very pronounced triangular head. The coral snake being the oddball...just remember when it comes to the coral snake check their stripes..."red on yellow kill a fellow, red on black venom lacks".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Saint Patrick. Chased all the Snakes out of Ireland. Give Him a call You never know.

Run a hose (2-3") from your exhaust to the cab with all windows shut. Just asphyxiate the sucker.

Or put the truck in a deep freeze.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Run a hose (2-3") from your exhaust to the cab with all windows shut. Just asphyxiate the sucker.

Or put the truck in a deep freeze.....
    Right.... then you get to spend a week tearing the car apart looking for the source of the dead smell.

Something tells me you're not going to get rid of that smell.

Oh yeah...If you do catch it...get rid of it quick. Some snakes will defecate(light way of putting it) as a defensive response when caught...and seriously...you'll wish you had caught a skunk instead.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwestbrook View Post
    just put a sign on the window saying theres a snake loose in the truck. its better than an alarm system . nobodys going to steal the truck.
    Years ago while living in a not so great neighborhood I had one Irish Setter, one 3 foot Pilot Back snake, and two big mouthed kids. Word about the snake got around the neighborhood and no one came near the house! (There is a use for big mouthed kids! )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    There are sticky pads to capture snakes and mice. My neighbor cought a snake with one of them sticky pads, Put some peanut butter and put them underneath the seats and the floor boards.

I'm sure you will capture him.
    I'm not,never met a snake that liked peanut butter, and I've known quite a few!

Oh, and if you do spot him, and his eyes look cloudy, be careful, that means he's getting ready to shed his skin, and most snakes get very aggressive when that happens........ And just because he's having trouble seeing, don't think for a minute he won't know where you are!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Yeaaahhh...uhhhmmmm....you are going to have to blow the truck up. Sorry. It must be killed with explosives and/or fire.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Right.... then you get to spend a week tearing the car apart looking for the source of the dead smell.
    Hey...he asked how to get rid of the snake. I can only solve one problem at a time

Open the doors and put in a RAP c-d then crank it up.

He will attempt to escape or commit suicide.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Make sure you put the peanut butter in the middle of the pad, once the snake is stuck to the pad he can't get out of it.
    You know what? it wasn't peanut butter lol..

A mouse had gotten stuck on the sticky and wham so did the snake trying to get the mouse..
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

The big problem with many of these solutions is you won't know if the snake leaves or not. I would want to know if he is still in there or has left so you better catch him.

VIP Member

Mice and snakes

You know what? it wasn't peanut butter lol..

A mouse had gotten stuck on the sticky and wham so did the snake trying to get the mouse..
    Yeah, we put some mouse bait/poison out on our patio last week. Mice must have found it, because a snake was found sniffing around the mouse bait; no doubt really after the odor of mouse.

There is a product on the market called "snake away." Mostly, napthalene and a sulfur compound. Your truck will smell like mothballs. Perhaps try pouring a bunch in your truck and leaving an escape route open. With luck, the critter will leave.

In any case, I know for a fact that if this happened in my house, my wife (and myself too) would never chance using the truck again.

Unless it is a newer truck with lots of real resell value, call the junk yard. Better to lose a few grand than get in an accident if that snake re-appears while you are driving; and better to lose a few grand than wind up in the hospital being treated for a poisonous bite.

I've owned snakes for many years. They can hide in the tiniest of places and stay there long after you've given up. If it was me I just couldn't let it go. I'd pull the seats out of the truck and the console. Worst case scenario would be the snake getting under the dash with all of your wiring etc. I know of no quick, easy, "snake removal" tactics. Just roll up your sleeves and start taking your truck apart. Although we can't be sure, I'd almost bet it's some form of colubrid such as a rat snake or similar. However, until you know be very careful. Venomous snakes can be as dangerous as these guns we tote around. Good luck.

Also, lets get a discription of what you saw, what color was it etc.

SALE THE TRUCK OR TRADE IT IN...

Forget my other advise. lol
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

I believe if you just open the doors he will leave,especially at night since most snakes are nocturnal hunters.If it's your only vehicle maybe rent a car for a week that should be enough time for the snake to leave
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links