Story from work-long,but im stressed.

This is a discussion on Story from work-long,but im stressed. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Im one of 4 managers that help run an automotive facility. I won't go into details, lets just say, we work on/with customer vehicles all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story from work-long,but im stressed.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Story from work-long,but im stressed.

Im one of 4 managers that help run an automotive facility. I won't go into details, lets just say, we work on/with customer vehicles all day long.

Couple months ago, I had a fellow gun owner/buddy at work, (we'll call him Joe) do some stuff to my personal vehicle, long story short, my beloved Kahr CW9 was stolen from my car Most likely an employee. Needless to say, it was very upsetting. The LEO that responded to the call told me that he felt it was "highly unlikely" when the details were given to him. Of course it is not registered as a stolen weapon.

Fast forward to yesterday. 'Joe' was working, there and one other employee(we'll call him James, I've never liked or trusted him.) that were working the day of my gun theft. A customer was picking up his vehicle, when he realized his .25ACP pistol that was in the console was missing. After much searching and whatnot, the pistol was found stashed in the parking lot under a traffic control cone. It just so happens James drove,and helped service the vehicle. Even though I was not the manager that helped the customer in that situation (I actually kept the place running while the others helped the victem) it was still very stressful to know I work right next to,and with theives.

I'm also feeling very angry. The LEOs were here almost 3 hours, interviewing anybody and everybody ,gathering information and whatnot.

Yet--when my larger capacity, larger caliber loaded firearm was stolen, the LEO's were here about an hour , tops.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    That sucks. I'd be keeping an eye on both of them. Maybe have them do some more stuff to your car, with another gun in it, but wait for him to take it. Fire him and press criminal charges.

Another reason to carry at work, and if you absolutely can't, to use car safes.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Time to confront!

Sounds like you need to have another talk to the police (off-line and away from work) and give them your take on the situation.....again.

I'd also call this employee out and let everyone know your idea of him after discussing this matter (and possiable actions to take) with the other managers.

I hate thieves!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Finger prints on the gun found?? Video equipment??

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Finger prints on the gun found?? Video equipment??

Rick
    I'd make a 'set up' of another vehicle, another gun...use a video. It's been done with crooked car repairs.

I know how you feel...

Don't take this the wrong way, but when I have work done on my car, I take EVERYTHING (worth taking) out of my car. When I hand over the key...all other keys (house, shed, bike, etc.) are remove from the ring...just being cautious.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I know for a fact it wasn't 'Joe'. The other guy ,I just found out, happens to be a convicted felon, and the cousin of one of the managers with me. He has this whole racism chip on his shoulder, like everybody is out to get him because hes black.

They fingerprinted the found gun, but the problem is 'Edward' (cousin of suspect 'James, and manager) handled the gun when he found it,and the owner of the gun handled it. So when they run the fingerprints, it could show of those two?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd make a 'set up' of another vehicle, another gun...use a video. It's been done with crooked car repairs.

I know how you feel...
    +1 on another 'set-up' with a video of the 'action'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Well, I know for a fact it wasn't 'Joe'. The other guy ,I just found out, happens to be a convicted felon, and the cousin of one of the managers with me. He has this whole racism chip on his shoulder, like everybody is out to get him because hes black.

They fingerprinted the found gun, but the problem is 'Edward' (cousin of suspect 'James, and manager) handled the gun when he found it,and the owner of the gun handled it. So when they run the fingerprints, it could show of those two?
    Yes, but the extra handling made it more difficult.
    "Just blame Sixto"

LEOs stated they got one fingerprint on it, so who knows

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    LEOs stated they got one fingerprint on it, so who knows
    Just one huh?...

"Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Great idea...but I bet the BG(s) would be watching for that...but perhaps cash or something else.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Great idea...but I bet the BG(s) would be watching for that...but perhaps cash or something else.

Rick
    I dunno man. Gotta love those bait cars. Gets' em every time. Some of the videos are downright hillarious.

I'm another vote for the bait car idea...only problem is, I would think they'd be like..."wait a minute...another car with a gun...what's going on here?"

Hey GK...You don't work in the NoVA area do you? ...just trying to figure out where not to take my car
    Granted I don't leave my gun in my car, but...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

check out BrickHouse Security | Wireless Home Security Camera | GPS Tracking Child Locator they have really small cameras. I would drop a small gold bracelet between the drivers seat and center consul and have a freind bring in a bait car to have the seat track checked. The bracelet should only be seen when the seat is slide almost all the way back. Betcha you get a thief.

heres what you do, go to radio shack, or another store like that and get a "personal alarm". you can get them from around 10 dollars and up, but what it is is a 120db (the one i had) siren thats small. smaller than a pack of cigarettes. it has a cord you pull out when you are attacked, and until you replace a small pin, like a headphone jack, it will go off. cut that cord off and run fishing line from the pin to the magazine or somewhere on the gun it wont come off. then get the alarm wedged under the seat so it wont come out, but the pin can. when the car goes into the bay, watch who's working on it, and when the alarm goes off, see who's got their hand in the cookie jar.

then make sure they get a good

some of those GPS trackers looked small enough to fit into an empty mag. not sure how good the reception would be, but im sure as long as his walls dont have lead plate in them you should be able to find it
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

That is a tough situation. Hindsight is 20/20 but, might I recommend concealing your (new) firearm on your person? If you are breaking the law by carrying at work(screw company policy) you might buy a cheaper "car gun" or invest in a console safe. Otherwise buy a firearm you can comfortably conceal and carry and leave the $700 beauties at home. I refuse to be unarmed, and because of the nature of my work, a .380 must suffice.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links