Economic death spiral...

This is a discussion on Economic death spiral... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I posted this little rant in another post but wanted to share it and ask the community if the same is happening in your neck ...

Thread: Economic death spiral...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Economic death spiral...

I posted this little rant in another post but wanted to share it and ask the community if the same is happening in your neck of the woods.

My city is in an economic death-spiral. The ghetto is creeping closer and closer to the shores of local municipalities that at one time had residents who kept their lawns maintained like world class putting greens and now they look like the ruins of Kosovo. I think it is about time that as responsible New Yorkers we gather together and collectively push for the repeal of the "Sullivan Law" and once and for all restore the ability of the average person to purchase and own a handgun for defensive purposes without having to go through the exhaustive permit process. The criminal element is like a hungry monster that will consume and destroy everything in its path if it is not contained. The police here are ok but they cannot be everywhere at once. It is for this reason that I recently suggested to a local politician who was glad-handing for votes at a local social club gun raffle that instead of promoting gun buy-back programs to reduce the access to guns in the ghetto he should instead be promoting a gun-giveaway program to put guns in the hands of responsible citizens who need to defend themselves against the marauding horde of criminal vermin that terrorizes our city. Needless to say he was a little slack-jawed at my suggestion.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a great idea, best of luck with it. Keep fighting, never give up!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Well, if they don't go for it, move south... most everyone here has something if not on their hip, close by.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Well, if they don't go for it, move south... most everyone here has something if not on their hip, close by.
    Here in rural FL, people still cling to their Bibles and guns...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Here in rural FL, people still cling to their Bibles and guns...
    Here in NY some of us cling bitterly to our Bibles and guns too. Some.
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Yep, still bitterly clinging in AZ!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Nice pic, thought about buying one of those P22 a couple of times, one day I will. Politicians in NY are probably similar to our brainless wonders here in Mass. Completely clueless, no solutions just the same old failed policy as society falls deeper into the abyss. You can't talk to them, they don't understand common sense, all you can do is vote against the massive tidal wave of ignorance. While clinging to your bible and guns!

I agree....move south. Don't even get me started on a rant about the increasing criminal population. Personally, I think the system feels the need to create more new criminals every day....it gives the system it's purpose.

VIP Member
    Cling to The US Constitution; and to guns.... forget the bitter part, even though that is hard to do when you watch your money go down into the black hole.

There is something different about this mess than in the past. While some compare it with 1987, I do not recall this level of panic among ordinary people.

There is however plenty of room for optimism. I think oil went below 88 last week. As folks get to use some of their money for the stuff they want instead of the gas the must have, the economy will slowly turn.

And a good hanging of a few who caused this would do much to help restore confidence.

Meanwhile, I'm going to cling to my gun but not vote the way others here think gun owners should.

Links